Chapter 6

"Emmett, come on." We ran downstairs and out the front door, when I bumped into to someone.

"Emily?" The person called.

I looked up at the person and jumped in his arms. "Jason! Oh my God! Thank you for being Jason."

"Uh you're welcome?" He laughed and put me down.

"Sorry." I blushed.

"It's fine." He smiled, "But what happened?"

"Someone was in our house." Emmett said shaking.

"What?" Jason asked.

"Not to be rude but didn't you leave already? Sorry that came out meaner than I thought."

"It's fine. You forgot your purse in my car." He said handing me my purse. "But what do you mean someone was in your house?"

"Someone broke in and trashed our house." I replied, I knew who it was.

"Someone like the person that went to Joey's?" I forgot he was there.

"Yeah. I need to call the police and my parents. Can you call the police for me?" I asked hopefully.

He smiled, "Sure, just let me tell Max."

"Okay, thanks."

While calling my mom I look for Emmett. Where did he go? I notice his hoodie on the ground. My pulse immediately picks up. Maybe he's with Jason, yeah? I turned around to look at Jason but Emmett wasn't there. I hung up the phone right when my mom said, "Hello?"

That will get her worried. "JASON!"

He turned around and saw me running towards him, "Yeah?"

"Where did Emmett go? Please tell me you saw Emmett. Max?"

"Em last we saw him was with you. Where could he have gone?"

"I don't know. You don't think he got kidnapped do you? Oh my God! Please no." I started crying and Jason was hugging me in an instant.

"Emily!" Emmett called, turning around quickly I saw him run from the neighbors house.

Breathing I sigh of relief I ran to him. "What were you thinking? You gave me a heart attack."

"The neighbors have security cameras. I went ask them if we could look at them."

"Emmett, that's the police's job. Nice job thinking of it but we need to leave that to the police."

"Yes, Emily."

"Police are on their way." Jason said coming up behind us with Max.

"Thanks."

Not long after we heard the sirens, we saw the lights and the cars. We told the police what we knew and they went to work. About ten minutes to work. We were talking to a cop when two more cars pulled up and out came my parents. Oops.

"Why are the cops here? Emily, why did you call and then hang up? Are y'all okay? Who are they? Why are the police in our house? Why-" My mom asked more before I could answer.

"Mom! Someone trashed the inside of our house. I called and then hung up becase I couldn't find Emmett. We're fine, we were at the movies with my friends Jason and Max. Again, the police are in our house do to the fact a person broke in and trashed the place. Okay?"

Jason and Max looked dumbfounded. The police officer looked impressed. My father looked smug. My mother still looked worried.

"That's my girl. Isn't she smart, officer?"

"Bradford. Officer Bradford. How did you do that?" Officer Bradford asked.

"I've always been-" I started but my father cut me off.

"She is extremely smart. That's the only way to get into a good college isn't it?" My father answered, clearly impressed by the fact the officer was impressed.

"Wow, Em, you are really good." Jason replied.

"Thanks! Lots of practice." We both laughed.

"Honey, who is this?" My father looked at Jason as if he was a killer.

"This is my friend, Jason. Jason this is my Dad."

"Nice to meet you sir." Jason shook my Dads hand.

"Wait, what do you mean 'We went see a movie'?" My Dad asked me.

Oh, boy. "Well we took Emmett to see the new movie Home." I said nervously.

"Why? That won't get you into college, now will it?"

I looked down, "No, Dad it won't. I'm sorry."

"You should be, those 2 hours were wasted. You could've been studying."

"You're right." I said. He seemed satisfied because he walked away.

"Honey, you were just having fun." My mom tried to make me feel better.

"No, mom it's okay. He's right. I should've studied instead. Colleges won't want me if I'm not smart."

"First of all, that's not true. Second of all, you already have a bunch of colleges that want you. LSU even wants you. Honey, LSU is your dream college."

"Yeah but it's not Dads. He won't approve of LSU and I won't be able to go. So please just leave it. Dad said the only college I can go to is Stanford and so far they haven't written back to me. It's fine, whatever. I'm gonna go to Taylor's house." Hugging goodbye to my mom, I walked to Taylor's across the street. "Bye, Mom. Bye, Emmett. Bye Jason. Bye, Max."

I hate that I can't choose my college. I hate that my life has been planned for me since before I was born. I hate that I can't choose what I want to be. Everything is set.

Taylor and I watched movies and a bunch of Doctor Who. We finally went to sleep around 3ish. I'll have to face Jason soon and no doubt he wants to know what happened last night.

————————————————————————————————————————————————

Thanks for reading.

Don't have a teaser for next chapter.

Comment, vote, and share! Thanks,

CD