Chapter 14

VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE! MAKE SURE TO READ IT! ENJOY!

~~~

**3 Days before the Ball**

"Where have you been lately? You've been too busy to hang out and talk." I told Taylor as we laid on my bed.

"Yeah, what's up with you?" Grace asks her.

"Nothing, just been super busy with my paintings and possible agents." She tells us trying not to blush, key word trying.

"Liar! Tell us the truth."

"Tay, we're your best friends. You can tell us anything." I tell her.

"I know. I just..." She says and then sighs, "I met a guy and when I first met him, he was a complete jerk. But then we talked the rest of the night. He's been through a lot. He finally let me in not too long ago. I think...I think I'm in love with him."

"No wonder you've been too busy to hang out with us. Where did you meet him?" I ask.

"What does he look like? What's his name? Tell us more about him." Grace adds.

"I met him at the art show where I showcased my painting, the one of the sunset from the beach. He doesn't paint or anything but he appreciates art. He has brown hair like mine, gorgeous dark brown eyes, I would say he's about 5'10", he's very mysterious and quiet. Doesn't like letting people in who aren't related to him. Oh, and his name is Ryder." She tells us.

I can tell by the look in her eye as she talks about him, she really is in love with him. I smile at her as Graces says, "That's the face Em makes with anything involving Jason."

I blush, "We aren't even official yet."

Taylor scoffs, "With what you told us from that date, it won't be long."

"I knew I shouldn't have told y'all"

"I would've been told and then I would've told Tay." She smirks.

"Oh yeah? How?"

"Max. The guy comes to me for everything. I mean EVERYTHING! He told me he likes me the other day. He is dead set on getting me to go out with him. I don't understand him. He's so infuriating sometimes." Grace keeps complaining. 

My phone starts ringing from my desk. I get up and grab it then answer, "Hello?"

"Is it true? Did he finally man up and ask you out?"

I laugh, "Yes Dyl, it's true. We had a wonderful time."

"It's about dang time. Anyway, what are you doing?"

"We're waiting on him and Max to get here. I think we're gonna watch Avengers: Age of Ultron. What are you doing? You're welcome to join us."

"Sorry but I can't deal with you crying when that guy dies. About to head off to work anyway."

"Quicksilver! His name is Quicksilver and he didn't deserve to die! He was perfect and just think about the pain Scarlet is still going through."

"HE SAVED HAWKEYE! How can you not be happy at that moment?"

"I DON"T CARE! HE WAS PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING! HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN KILLED." I replied.

Sighing in frustation, he replied, "Whatever Em. I gotta get to work. Speaking of which, Joey said don't worry about coming in this week either. He knows what this week means to you and he doesn't want you to stress. He also said to tell you that he is there if you need him and that, and I quote, He loves ya kid."