Chapter 20

"You're going to do great." Grace told me as I finished tying my booties.

I stood up and looked in the mirror at my appearance. I had on a pair of light washed skinny jeans and a fancy mint crop top. I had on a strapless bra because of the way the back of the shirt was made. I have on my taupe healed booties. My makeup is kind of dark with a little bit of gold sparkles and bright peach lips.

"We're all going to be there to support you." Taylor said.

"Thanks, guys. I appreciate that all of y'all are going to be there." I told them honestly.

"Well, Jason has to be. He told you that he signed up for a song too, right?"

I looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. "No, he didn't. How do you know that?"

"He asked me tossing him up for a song when I texted y'all."

We all look at each other. "Why would he do that? I mean, I knew he could sing but I didn't peg him for one to sing on stage." I told them as my mom peeked in the door.

"Knock, knock. Are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." 

She smiled at me, "Maybe this'll help." She said opening the door to show off my old guitar. (I legit want this guitar so bad)

My mouth opened slightly, "You kept it?"

"Of course we did. We knew you'd eventually sing again."

I take it from her hands and play a few cords, wincing as they're all out of tune. "Throw me my tuner off my nightstand."

I caught it and place it on my desk. I tuned every cord perfectly before I decided to text it out. I start playing the chorus of 'Just The Way You Are' by Bruno Mars and smile as it sounds great.

"When I see your face

There's not a thing that I would change

'Cause you're amazing

Just the way you are

And when you smile

The whole world stops and stares for a while

'Cause, girl, you're amazing

Just the way you are" 

I finish and we all laugh. My dad brings in the case and smiles at me, kissing my forehead.

"We better get going. Don't want to be late." He said.

I look in the mirror again and take a deep breath. I can do this.

~~~

We get to Caso's and it's semi-full. The owner smiles at me and waves me to follow him. I walk with him to the stage and set up my guitar and he fixes the mic for me. I smiled at him to show my thanks. I look behind me and see my old band. They all grin at me and I grin back. I turn to the audience and see my family, Grace, Taylor, and Ryder. No Jason or Max yet. I take a deep breath before speaking.