Chapter 8

We have been shopping for an hour and none of us have found a dress yet.

"I think I found the one!" Taylor screamed from the dressing room. She went in with at least 10 dresses. Me and Grace walked over to Taylor, who was standing in front of a mirror.

"Whoa, you look amazing!" I wasn't lying either, the dress was a purple color and had sparkles that started under the bust and went into the skirt, the skirt was tulle and fluffy. It was cute. It was even cuter on Taylor.

"Okay, you're getting that and I'm trying this coral one on." Grace said. Her dress was cute, too. It was coral like she said, the bust was covered in sparkles, and the skirt was also tulle and flowed out into the color white.

"I'm getting it!" Grace screamed, causing me and Taylor to laugh. Then Taylor gasped and shoved me in the dressing room with a dress.

"Ow..." I said once I hit the wall. I put the dress on without looking at it then walked out. "Here it is...what are y'all looking at?" I turned toward the mirror and my mouth dropped open, this dress was beautiful. It was my favorite color, mint green, the bust was covered in fake diamonds, it had a darker mint green belt underneath the sparkly bust, and it flowed out into a beautiful tulle bottom. "Guys, it's so pretty."

"You're so getting this dress." So I did, then we went to my house.

We were on the way upstairs to my room when, "Where have you been?"

"We were getting dresses for the ball, dad." I sighed, here it comes.

"Really? Where are they then?"

"In my car. Dad we are kinda busy." I started to turn around to walk upstairs.

"Is it busy studying? If not, then I see no reason why you can't talk to me." Dad said with stern face.

I was about to reply when Taylor said, "Actually, my mom just texted me that she needs me, so I'm gonna go. Bye, Em. Come on, Grace. I wanna, uh , show you something."

"Yeah, okay. Bye, Em." Grace said.

I frowned, "Bye...I'll be in my room, dad." I walked upstairs and into my room. I shut the door but not before my dad screamed that I better be studying.

Sighing, I opened up one of my books. I miss him. If he was still here, then dad wouldn't be so hard on me. He wouldn't have my life planned out. He would let me choose. I hadn't realized I was having a panic attack, until I heard my mom screaming my name. All I remember before I blacked out was, "Evan..."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Because I hate it when authors leave cliffhangers, this is for them, if they ever read my book.

What did you think? Who is Evan? What about the dresses?

Let me know,

Comment, Vote, and Share

CD