Chapter 17 - Ball Pt. 2

Double Update!!! Whoop!!

-----------------------------------------

Taylor, Grace and I squeal as we hear Shawn Mendes play through speakers. Taylor grabs both of our arms and drags us to the dance floor. We sing along while we dance to the music.

"Needle and the thread, Gotta get you out of my head, get you out of my head." Grace sings.

"You watch me bleed until I can't breathe" I sing.

"Shaking, falling onto my knees" Taylor sings.

"And now that I'm without your kisses" Grace sings.

"I'll be needing stitches" We all sing.

"Tripping over myself, Aching, begging you to come help, And now that I'm without your kisses." I sing to them.

"I'll be needing stitches" They sing back to me.

We all laugh as the song ends. We keep dancing as 'Love Me Like You Do' by Ellie Golding starts playing. The guys join us on the dance floor and we're all doing a bunch of crazy dance moves. All in all, we're just having a good time.

**15 minutes later**

"That was so much fun." Grace says while laughing.

I nod and laugh, "It really was." I look at Jason, "The whole night so far was fun."

He smiles at me and winks. I blush at him while shaking my head.

"So, Ryder, I hear you're the quiet type of guy. It makes me wonder," I pause and look at Taylor and then him, "How did you meet Taylor?"

"I guess you could say we ran into each other." He smiled.

Taylor snorts, "Literally. I turned my back for one second to talk to someone. I turned back towards my painting at the same time he was turning away from it."

"Then she wouldn't leave me alone and still won't." He adds.

She glares playfully, "We both know that you would miss me too much."

He smiles at her and nods, "True."

She nods and then freezes when she realizes what he just admitted. She turns to him and smiles. I grin at the pair and so does Grace. We look at each other and nod in agreement.

"Awwwww!! OMG!! Cuteness overload! Ems, can you feel it?" Grace says suddenly. Taylor jumps and looks at her.

"OMG! I can. Max, can you?" I ask him.

He looks at me confused and glances at Jason, "Can I what?"

"Can you feel the loooovee tonight?" I sing and put my hand on my head and pretend to collapse in Grace's arms.

Everyone laughs but Taylor. She glares at us, "You are both dead." We start backing away from her slowly as she walks toward us.

"We love you, Tay-" Grace gets cut off by a voice that makes me freeze.

"Emily." Taylor and Grace immediately pull me behind them. I finally catch my balance when I'm pulled behind 3 more bodies. I grab Jason's arm to catch my balance. Max and Ryder grab the other two and push them behind their backs, by me.

"Who do you think you are?" Clark looks at the three stiff men in front of us.

"How did you get in here?" Jason asks him, trying to keep his cool.

"None of your business. Who are you? Her boy-toy?" I glared at him as he smirked. Jason moved forward but was stopped by Max.

"I have unfinished business with Emily, if you don't mind." He try walking past them. Right when he takes a step forward, Jason punches him. Clark stumbles back a little. He looks up and holds his jaw. "Big mistake." He lifts his hand to punch Jason back but handcuffs are slapped across his wrist right away. The guard puts the handcuff on his other wrist too. "What the hell? Let me go."

"We can't do that. You're going back in jail and you aren't getting out this time." The guard says. He hands Clark off to the police officer. Clark starts shouting at me as he's dragged away.

"It's your fault! He's dead because of you! How come you lived? You should've been killed, not him! My best friend is dead because of you. You should be killed yours-" I try to not listen as he's cut off when my dad punches him in the jaw. My mouth drops and I look around to see everyone has the same face as I do.

My dad fixes his jacket and clears his throat, "Get him out of here." They immediately drag him out the room and out the building. "Now that that is over, let the ball continue."

Everyone starts doing what they were doing except me , Grace, and Taylor. They turn to me with mouths dropped and eyes wide open. "What was that?" Taylor asked.

"Did your dad just punch someone? To defend you?" Grace adds.

I turn to them, "I think so." We all look at each other confused.

Jason nods behind me. I turn and see my dad walking over. "Kids." He nods. "Emily, can we talk?"

I look at him weirdly, "Sure, where?"

"The dance floor." I'm about to question it when I hear 'My Wish' by Rascal Flatts plays through the speakers. I look behind at the stage and see them playing it live. I turn back to my dad as tears fill my eyes.

"It's our song. You used to sing this to me all the time when I was little." I told him.

He smiles. "I know, that's why I requested for them to sing it. May I have this dance?" He reaches out his hand and I accept it.

We reach the dance floor and start dancing to the song. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"I'm sorry." He says, catching me off guard. "I'm so sorry for the way I've treated you this past year. I couldn't look at you without seeing your brother and it would kill me. I wanted you to become your brother. I wanted you to go to the college he wanted and for you to become what he wanted to be. It was so wrong of me and I'm sorry it took Clark coming here tonight for me to realize it."

"Dad...I-"

"Wait, I have more to say. Go to the college you want. Choose the career you want. I will be proud of you no matter what. You are so smart. I will ask you for forgiveness but I'm not sure if I deserve it. Please know that I love you sweetheart. You'll always be my baby girl."

The tears have fallen by the point. I don't know what came over me but I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him so tight. "I love you too, dad. I love you so much and I forgive you for everything."

He sighs and wraps his arms around me, "Thank you. As for Jason, he's a great guy. You two are lucky to have each other. Don't let him get away any time soon, okay?" I nod. "But keep my approval between us for now, I need to intimidate him for a little bit first." I laugh and nod again.

"Okay, dad." I tell him right as the song ends. He kisses my forehead and walks over to mom. She smiles at me and I smile back. I walk back over to my friends. Taylor and Grace look at me, silently asking if I'm okay. I nod at them and they hug me. I turn to Jason as he looks at me. I smile at him and lean forward to peck his lips. We pull away and he smiles. I lean forward and kiss him again.

This ball will not be forgotten.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Part 2 of the ball. What do you think?

I have a new book out. Not the kind that you're thinking but a book. This book will contain upcoming books, future books, voting opportunities, and much more!

Go check it out!

Comment, Vote, and Share.

CD