Chapter 16 - Ball Pt. 1

"We look hot." Grace says as we stand in front of the mirror. We are currently upstairs at the Ivory Point Hotel, waiting for the ball to start.

"We need pictures!" Taylor says grabbing her phone. She turns it to selfie mode and we take a serious picture, a sexy face picture, and a smiling one. She turns it back to the regular camera and we pose in front of the mirror. We take a bunch of pictures with different poses and faces.

As we're looking through them, a knock comes at the door. "Come in." I say.

My mom peeks in and smiles, "Y'all look absolutely beautiful girls!"

"Thanks, mom." I say and the girls follow suit. 

"I came to tell you that your dates are downstairs." She smiles at us then smirks at Taylor. "Ryder seems like a nice fellow. You were right, he is quiet."

Taylor blushed as Grace and I smile mischievously at each other. Taylor catches on and her eyes go wide. She tries to stop us but we're already running, as fast as we can in heels, to the door. We go to the edge and squat down so no one sees us. We peek through to see a Jason, Max, and I'm guessing Ryder. He fits the description perfectly, except he doesn't look quiet. In fact, he seems to be very talkative when it comes to Jason and Max. I look at Grace and she shrugs. Just then, Taylor comes out of the room.

"Emily! Grace! Get back here!"

The 3 boys downstairs look up along with a few others. Grace and I squeal before we jump up and start towards the stairs. We make it to the bottom right as Taylor gets to the middle of the steps. We turn towards her and offer her a smile. She stops with only a few steps left and glares at us.

Grace looks at me and we bust out laughing. We're both holding our stomachs, as we try to stop the laughter. Taylor stands in front of us and waits as we finally sober up.

"I hate you both." She says, pushing past us.

Grace and I look at each other again and smirk. We turn and wrap Taylor in a group hug, "No you don't! You LOVE us! Admit it." Grace says.

"Or suffer the consequences." I add.

She sighs, "You two are so weird but y'all are so right." She smiles and hugs us back. "I do love y'all."

We all laugh and let go of each other. Taylor stops laughing and blushes again. Grace notices too and follows Taylor's eyes and starts blushing also. I raise my eyebrow and follow their glances. The first person I see is Max looking at Grace with a smile on his face. His eyes are full of love. Aw, poor boy. He's already fallen so hard. I snicker as I look at, who I'm guessing is, Ryder. He is looking at Taylor as if she's a work of art and he can't take his eyes off of her. They look so cute together!

"Whoa..." Someone whispered. I turned toward Jason right as his eyes reach my face. His mouth is open a little and his eyes are swirling with emotions. He gulps as he slowly makes his way toward me, as I shift from side to side. "You look...whoa..." He puts his hands on my waist and I wrap mine around his neck. He's only an inch taller than me, thanks to my heels. We smile at each other and he leans in. His lips find mine in a sweet kiss. The kiss is perfect. Our lips aren't moving, they're just touching. It last a few seconds before we pull away. We both look at our friends, only to find them smiling at us.

"Emily, I need you on the stage right now." My dad says walking up to us. I look at him and he's looking at his phone.

"What?" I ask, standing in front of him. Grace and Taylor move to stand on each side of me.

"The band is here but our singer is stuck behind a car accident. She has all of the music that she won't perform with her. I need you to go on stage, pick a song, and sing it. Go." He said walking away.