Epilogue

Spring Break. It's a magical thing. Especially with all the stress of graduating from college soon. In case you're wondering, I decided to go to Louisiana State University. I'm currently working towards getting my bachelors degree in Music. Jason is also here, at LSU, getting his bachelors degree in Business Management. Taylor is at LSU: College of Art and Design. Ryder is at Southeastern, along with Max and Grace. He's getting his degree in Engineering. Max and Grace are getting both of their degrees in Education. Grace is going for Music Education while Max is going for High School Education: Mathematics. Believe it or not, he's a math genius.

As I'm relaxing on the sand, my phone starts ringing. "Hello?" I said without checking caller ID.

"Is this Ms. Emily Brooks?" A male voice said on the other side.

I furrow my eyebrows and prop myself up on my forearms, "This is she. May I ask who's speaking?"

"My name is Calvin David Brent." My mouth drops open when he says that.

"Calvin Brent? As is in Calvin David Brent? As in the producer from Calvin Records?"

He chuckled, "The one and only. I guess you've heard of me then?"

I take a deep breath to calm my heart, "Yes sir, I have."

"Great because I've heard of you too. Your music professor sent me a CD with a few of your songs on it and I loved it. Of course, I couldn't sign you right away without hearing more than a few songs. So, with the help from your professor, he has been secretly sending me recordings of you singing."

I cut him off, "Excuse me, sorry, what do you mean? What kind of songs? Which professor? What?"

"I asked him to send me some more recordings of you. That way I could get a better grasp on your vocal career. He's sent me everything from originals to covers. It was Professor Becke. He went on and on about how he believes you'll make it far in this career."

I smiled, of course it was Professor Nate. He's been there for me since the beginning. "That sounds like him." I laughed.

He laughed also, "Yes, well, I know you're on spring break with your friends right now so I'll make this quick."

Right when he says that, the girls sit next to me. I turn towards them and smile. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Max and Ryder racing to the ocean. I try not to laugh at them, since I'm on the phone. Soon after, legs are put around mine and someone sits behind me. I tip my head back and Jason leans forward to peck my lips. I smile at him and go back to the phone conversation. I lean back and rest the back of my head on Jason's stomach.

"I want you. I want you signed. I want you to be apart of Calvin Records." He says which makes me pop up into a sitting position.

"Wait, what?"

"I want you to be part of my team at Calvin Records."

"Are you serious? Is this a joke?" Everybody is now staring at me. Max and Ryder must have heard me shout and come over.

He laughed, "I assure you I am not joking. I am 100% serious."

"I, wow, I mean," I stutter, "Wow."

"Wow, indeed. So what do you say? Want to join the team?"

I jump to my feet, "Yes! Oh my god, yes!" I take a deep breath, "I mean, thank you so much, Mr. Brent."

Everyone glances at each other then turn back to me. Im trying really hard not to jump up and down and squeal. I'm kind of doing that fangirl jump thing.

"No, thank you. I'll have papers made up and sent to your address. If you'd like a lawyer to look at it first, feel free. If you'd like anything changed, let my management team know and it's done. One more thing, call me Calvin."