Bonus Chapter ~ Head's Up!

"Here's your change." The girl said handing me my money. I stuff my money in my pocket before grabbing my burger and drink. I walk over to a table to watch the high school boys play while I eat my food.

I pick up my phone when I get a text notification.

'So why did you have to go to his game, exactly?' From: Jess <3

'Hey, I had to because he's my little brother and my parents are obsessed with baseball.' I replied.

'I still wouldn't have gone, tbh. I mean, what do you do there? The cute guys are always busy playing or working.'

'Lol, you're right but still. I'm a supportive sister even thought he's a monster.'

'Yeah, your bro is a monster. You sure you can't get out of it?'

'I tried. :( They said no. With them, no means no.'

'Can't you use your baby face powers and get your dad on your side?'

I chuckled at that because we both know I can, 'I would but again, I'm a supportive sister.'

'Oh really? What are you doing right now?'

'I'm at the park watching baseball.'

'Yeah, I bet your eating food watching the high schoolers not your brother.'

I pursed my lips. She knows me too well. Before I could reply, she texted me again. 'Hear that silence? That's me being right, per the norm.'

'Whatever, I gtg. I'm going back to watch Aiden. Happy?'

'Very much so. I mean, since you can't come with us, at least watch your brother play.'

'Yeah, yeah, yeah. Bye love!'

'Bye babe! Meet someone cute! ;)'

I rolled my eyes. Of course she still bugs me about that. She acts as though I could meet my true love at any given moment.

I stand up from the table and throw my trash away. I'm walking back towards my brothers game when I get another text. I look down and notice it's from my uncle.

'Jess won't leave me alone now. Why did you two have to meet anyway? My two nieces, each from a different side of the family, are best friends. Whatever, your parents won't answer their phones to see the message I sent them. For all they know, I could be dead. Assholes.' From: The Uncle

I laugh before replying, 'Well, I would bug my parents about wanting to hang out with Jess too but they're busy. Which is why they aren't replying, btw.'

'Oh? And what are they so busy with that they can't reply to my text?'

'Dad's coaching Aiden's game and mom is being the typical soccer mom, well baseball mom in this case. What is so important in this grand text of yours that it needs their attention right away?'

'Your mom has been a baseball mom since she was born. It was in her blood. Ah, minion, do me a favor. Pass along my message by mouth. I said, and I quote, I hate you both so much. Got it? You can't leave out the so much part. That part is key, squirt.'

I rolled my eyes. My uncle and I are pretty close, to be honest. I grew up pretty much at his house. When I wasn't at his house, my best friend/cousin was at our house. He was pretty much a second dad to me.

'I got it. I'll make sure they get it and I promise to complain about how I couldn't hang out with Jess today, also. That way they feel your misery.'