"A Reunion like no other!" - 10

Yay! We made it to chapter 10! Hope you enjoy the chapter!

.....................................................................................................................................

Reader POV

As we continued on our journey towards Ash's next gym, Coumarine City, Clemont has met an old friend of his. From what I gathered, she seemed to be some sort of mentor from the school Clemont went to when he was younger. She seemed very nice, but I was interrupted in need of me having to introduce myself.

"Oh! And my name is Y/n, and this is my partner swablu." My swablu cowered on my shoulder. I fed it a berry and they livened up a lot. Bonnie then got on one knee in front of the woman and rejoiced.

"You'd be perfect for my big brother! You're so smart and kind!" She exclaimed, Clemont going bright red and super embarrassed. He pulled bonnie away and cowered in his embarrassment. We all ended up chuckling.

Next then the woman, who introduced herself as Eclairisse, invited us on a tour around the campus that Clemont used to study at. He seemed to be very happy to be back there. I too was also very into this school, since the majority of my life I've been homeschooled.

"This school seems great! Apart from all of the electric types." I shuddered. Electric types were kinda scary since they could shock you to death. I was also told that all my life too.

Hearing the story about Clemont's shinx was also very heartwarming, since it reminded me a bit of Swablu. Regardless we were heading towards the control room of the electrical room in the campus. As soon as we walked in,  there were red flashing lights and uncontrollable beeping. This scared off my swablu, I tried to chase after it but I was told to stop as it was too dangerous. There was something wrong with the transmission systems. The technician said that there was a wild pokemon patrolling the tunnels which connected all of the wires, and whenever they try to go near it, it will attack.

"Wait here Bonnie, you too Y/n." Clemont said.

"I need to find my swablu." I said. "So I'm coming with you."

"Lets go." The technician said and started to run towards the wire tunnels, us following behind.

Once we got down there we were interfered by Team Rocket who ran away from us as soon as they saw us. We next had to deal with the that wild pokemon. It fired a Swift at us. I just about managed to scan it with a pokedex, it was identified as a Luxio. A somewhat different pokemon to what I normally would be used to seeing in Anistar City. The luxio then just ran past us without warning. I was still concerned for the whereabouts of my pokemon. However we just had to return for the night to a pokemon centre. In the hotel room that night, I kept looking out of the window. Hoping I would find a glimpse of a swablu. I opened the window wide and sighed heavily. 

"And I never saw shinx again." Clemont finished.

"And I may not see Swablu ever again." Thoughts flooded my mind of that traumatic day I could've lost Swablu for good. 

"We'll find them Y/n." Clemont patted my back. 

Trying not to show the tears in my eyes, I abruptly left the room saying. "I'm going to go look for them."

I was in one of Ash's t-shirts and old boxer shorts, and an old jacket I managed to take from somewhere, patrolling the campus within an inch of my life. I had realised I had nothing on me, not even Floette. It was cold, but I had to look for Swablu. I just about managed to sneak back into the wire tunnels, It was so dark too. Occasionally, there was a flash of red light which traversed its way through the vast cavern. I could see the crystals that formed as I exhaled in my breath. 

Whilst on my search I was attacked. I felt a strong jolt of electricity enter my body which made me collapse. I looked up and saw that Luxio from before. Behind it I saw my swablu, its wings had lost a considerable amount of floof, which meant that it was in a critical condition. I looked at the luxio and crawled passed it and hugged my swablu. I huffed as I managed to regain feeling in my legs and stand up. I looked at the Luxio before hearing a voice.

"Pumpkaboo! Use Shadow ball!" Within seconds I saw the Shadow ball hurtle towards the Luxio. Without thinking I came in the middle of the Luxio and the pokemon move. Which resulted in me getting hit and collapsing once more. I then felt myself being locked in a weird, electromagnetic cage. Luxio then bolted away, probably to go get help, hopefully to go get help.

Team Rocket had brought me to the outside, right where the control panel for the towns electrics were.

"Let me go!" I banged on the side of the cage.

"Stop your whining you!" The talking meowth remarked.

"Swablu, are you ok?" I turned my attention to the swablu in my lap. If I could hazard a guess, it would be that both me and swablu had a lot of electricity flowing through us at the minute.  And if we were to fall onto the ground, we would both be zapped into dust. 

Next thing you know the rest of the gang were here to rescue us. 

"You guys!" I shouted.

"Don't worry Y/n! We've got you!" Clemont remarked. I smiled at his kind words.

Luxio seemed determined to battle team rocket, however it was getting beaten up quite badly. Clemont also ended up shielding Luxio from a Shadow ball, however Clemont couldn't tank it as well as I could.  I looked at ash and I nodded at him. He then released Floette and I shouted.

"Floette! Use Razor leaf! And make it strong!" I shouted, The razor leaf destroying the cage I was in. However before I could touch the ground. Floette used vine whip to suspend me off the ground so that I wouldn't die. I was surprised that floette could pick me up. Luxio and Clemont managed to finish off the battle. After that, Luxio came over to me and used its tail as a conductor to suck all of the electricity out of me and swablu and expel it into the power supply and batteries of the city's power plant.

Swablu instantly perked up and I smiled so widely. I hugged luxio and thanked it. Swablu also flew onto its head and rested on it before Clemont threw the pokeball towards luxio so that he could catch it officially. Tears fell from Clemont's eyes as the pokeball pinged as a success. I noticed his tears and hugged him too.

"I'm sorry for worrying you by leaving." I whispered in his ear.

"You're safe now, so it doesn't matter anymore." I heard him whisper back. "I don't care about anything else other than you're safety."

Hearing those words made me blush so much. It also made me tighten my grip on Clemont. I thought to myself.

"Serena has Ash, does that mean I have Clemont?" I questioned.

.....................................................................................................................................

Thanks for reading this chapter! 

-potato

word count: 1198