"Pandemonium in the Pokeball Palace." - 26

Hey! Sorry I haven't been around lately, my parents booked a last minute cruise for a week so we were away for the week, but I'm back on the writing game now. Hopefully this chapter can bring me back into the swing of writing before the bombshell of next chapter hits. Hope you enjoy! Also, there are considerable possibilities for ball related jokes, I'll leave the rest to you lot.

.....................................................................................................................................

Reader POV

As Dendimille Town drew closer and the showcase wasn't to be held until later on in the week, the team decided to take a detour and go to the Pokeball factory. We were met with three people who had offered to give us a premium tour around the facility. Something was off but I didn't think much of it.

It was wonderful to see how pokeballs were made and shipped all over the world. The three plant managers offered to inspect our pokeballs for damage and status conditions of the pokemon inside of them. We all pulled our pokeballs out and handed them to the plant managers, the one with pink-ish hair seemed confused by my pokeballs.

"These are quite strange pokeballs." She stared at my Ultra Balls. 

"They are just standard Ultra Balls I'm sure." I corrected her. "Shouldn't you know that? Since you work here and produce them?"

"Oh yeah!" The man said. "Unfortunately, she's only been working here for a couple of days now."

"And she's the plant manager?" I questioned. I looked at the others and they gave a slightly disapproving look.

"Lets just carry on to our life simulation of a pokeball, shall we?" The man snapped.

As we walked into a desolate room, the door closed behind us immediately, and was impossible to open. The managers giggled and whipped off their disguises. 

"Team Rocket! Give our Pokemon back!" Ash shouted. It was no use, however Pikachu managed to slip out of its cage in time. However it appeared to be caught by team rocket. They were elated at the fact they'd caught pikachu, however we weren't. 

I looked around, looking for some sort of escape, I noticed one, but it was a tight squeeze for sure. It seemed to be a vent grate, I could possibly fit in there. As I got into the vents, I managed to pop out the other side, I also saw Pikachu. As there was no way for Ash or anyone else to see us, we had to run, which was perfect timing as team rocket had just returned. 

"You get back here right now!" Meowth shouted. 

"Pikachu, get on my shoulder!" I shouted. Pikachu ran up my shoulder and we started sprinting to the factory room.

As we got in to the big factory, Inkay had chased us up. It was preparing a Psybeam, which was terrifying.

"Pikachu! Do something!" I shouted. I looked back and saw that Pikachu used quick attack, I was impressed for a real one. Suddenly, meowth appeared with the briefcase full of our pokemon. I knew the others counted on me to get their pokemon back. 

From here, it was a big mess, we chased after the briefcase together. We almost got squished by many machines. We got painted many different times. However we were still on the hunt for that briefcase. We were next polished in a machine, it was incredibly disorientating. After popping out the other side, Meowth was catching up on Pikachu and I. I had only one option left. I threw a luxury ball towards the meowth, which gave us a couple of seconds to run. After a couple of seconds, I looked back and saw Meowth was nowhere to be seen. Looking down I had heard a ping of a pokeball. I picked up the pokeball and looked down.

"I caught meowth?" I questioned. "Lets see how this one turns out." 

After Pikachu and I ran towards the briefcase, we had seen Ash and the others manage to find us. Team Rocket had taken the briefcase before we could reach them. We chased after them, outside of the factory the thieves shot out in a van filled with pokeballs.

"Hey...where's meowth." James asked.

I held up the luxury ball containing the pokemon, I needed to think fast if we were to get the others back.

"You don't think do you?" Jesse replied.

"Meowth! Use fury swipes on the tires of that van!" I threw the pokeball and released meowth. The others stopped and stared at me.

"Woah! You caught Meowth! How'd you do it?" Bonnie asked. 

"Long story." I replied. Meowth still hadn't done anything after I had released it. "Meowth! I am you've trainer! You will listen to me, right now!"

The pokemon stood there and walked towards the thieves. 

"Meowth! Do you not hear me!? Get in the pokeball right now!" I screamed. After my words hit the air, they returned to me in full force. It struck me like an atomic bomb, they way I spoke was exactly how my father spoke to his pokemon, something I swore to myself to never do. The pokeball beam reflected off of meowth as he returned to his true owners. I then took the pokeball and smashed it on the floor.

"Why'd you do that Y/n!?" Clemont reprimanded me.

"Because, taking a pokemon by force is never the right way to treat pokemon." I said, returning to the back and waiting for the battle to be over.

After it truly was over, we were reunited with our pokemon, and we were given a proper tour of the factory. Maybe the day was getting better, but now I had to focus on winning the showcase coming up.

.....................................................................................................................................

Thanks for reading this chapter, I know it's not the best but I wanted to get something written down to not disappoint you all.

-potato

Word count: 957