"A Slippery Encounter." - 14

Hey all! Hope you didn't mind me taking the day off yesterday! Hope you enjoy the chapter!

.....................................................................................................................................

Reader POV

It was a couple of days after the traumatic event with the malamar, and I was still recovering from it. However the mental fatigue didn't match up with the physical fatigue, because I knew, that the first checkpoint to my success was on the horizon, Coumarine city. However Clemont and Serena became sluggish and tired because of the uphill climb. That was until bonnie pointed out that the rest of the way was downhill. We were all thrilled by the news. Until ash got an unwelcoming welcoming by a Strange pokemon. I pointed my pokedex towards it, and the pokemon was identified as a Goomy. In all honesty, it looked kinda ugly. But it was also very cute.

"If Goomys' are usually found in damp places, it must be dehydrated." I looked at the deflated pokemon that ash was holding. "Ash, get it to the water quickly!" 

"Alright!" Ash ran towards a stream down the cliff face. It was incredibly dangerous. But he managed to do it, with flare and grace too.

"Now those are some dancing feet." I remarked, as ash pranced down the cliff.

He landed in the stream and waited for us to come down too.

"Chespin use vine whip!" Clemont threw his pokeball out. Chespin used vine whip to take himself and Serena down the cliff.

"Floette! Help us out and use vine whip!" Floette burst out of its pokeball and carried me and bonnie down the cliff face too. "Thank you my dear, return!" 

Soon after this, we managed to saturate the goomy with water to rehydrate it to its amazingly upbeat self. However the goomy was incredibly scared of dedenne.

"Goomy's scared of dedenne, most likely because of the severe type weakness it has over Dedenne." The others looked at me surprised. "What is it? Dragon types have no effect on Fairy types? I may have been isolated from the world when I was younger but I'm no stranger to school."

We decided to push forward to find the goomy's home, we ended up angering an ariados on the way. It was kinda scary. But we pushed forward once more. We had discovered that goomy had got lost after an attack on its home. However, before we could move an inch, Team rocket had pounced on us, trapping us with a rope or something like that. Goomy and Pikachu were both taken. Ash got Frogadier to cut us out of the rope, and he sent his newly evolved fletchinder out to find the others. 

After some intense running, we managed to find the pokemon, ash also too a shadow ball from the pumpkaboo that was chasing them. Jessie threw another one of those ropes to try and trap us again. Ash managed to escape however we were caught again.

"Trap me once, shame on you." I sighed. "Trap me twice, shame on you still because i'm perfect in every way." 

 However I had an idea which could get us out of this situation. I rolled out my pokeball and it popped open.

"Swablu, be very careful and use Solar beam on this rope to get us free." I was met with a very confused expression but my demands were met. Once we broke free, I sent swablu into the battle.

"Swablu! Use Take down on Inkay!" I shouted. Swablu hurtling itself towards its opponent. However it was hit back with a psybeam, which took swablu down. It was severely confused and started to use solar beam on anything that walked. I managed to grab hold of swablu and started talking to it.

"Swablu, calm down, remember the day I caught you!" I shouted, getting burnt by the solar beam multiple times. However it cleared as team rocket went blasting off again.

After I treated my burns, Swablu sat on my head sleeping. Ash then decided to take Goomy along with us by catching it. The pure joy I heard in his voice made me smile. And now it was time to continue over the horizon, to Coumarine City.

.....................................................................................................................................I know its a shorter chapter but there really wasn't much to say about it haha. Hope you still enjoyed though.

-potato

Word count: 702