*AFTERTHOUGHTS*- 53

Hey! Welcome to my Afterthoughts! This is where I share parts about this book, like likes and dislikes and things like that. So please enjoy looking into my brain at the time of making this book!

I knew that I wanted this book to be set in either the Kalos Region or the Unova region this was because I was able to follow along the anime with ease because I am most familiar with those two regions. Personally I like the Pokemon black and white but I wasn't able to create a decent storyline for a Unova based story. Kalos however, I defo wanted to make a gay character who faces the adversity of Homophobia and being disowned, also the showcases reminded me so much of RuPauls Drag race, something that I absolutely adore.

When creating this story, I wanted to take inspiration of historical LGBTQIA+ events which have happened throughout the course of history, for example I mentioned about the Stonewall riots, in addition to creating heavy inspiration of New York's Queer culture from back in the 80's and referencing shows such as Pose and the incredible Documentary Paris is Burning. Two of which I heavily enjoy. It was important to make sure the character was familiar with these references too.

In regards to the Showcase, it was difficult to try and mix the showcase and Drag race, so I just made a second competition exclusively for male performers, therefore it allowed for me to be more creative with the operating of the showcases, however I still felt that I needed to keep to theme of the usual Pokemon Showcase.

As for choosing Altaria for the MC's ace, I just love Altaria and how beautiful the Mega evolved form is. For Florges, I wanted the main character to also have a fairy type like Serena does so it was a good choice. Pam pour and Simipour I chose because I had thought of the idea that I was going to have two characters who had the other two pokemon who fit in with the monkey trio. Meowstic was chosen because I think its a very unique pokemon and shows a bit of the MCs background (I did make the mistake at first by making the Meowstic male but had to change it quickly because Male Meowstic can't use Future sight.) Chandelure was just a pokemon that could be added to the team to show versatility it the MCs performance skills. So yeah, the common theme for all of these pokemon were that they all had blue accents and mostly had blue in their colour pallets.

Now, I feel I need to give you an explanation as to why I was absent when posting this book. Firstly, writers get writers block sometimes, and it means that we need to take a break to recuperate our thoughts and ideas to create a storyline or plot for a character or chapter. In addition, in my personal life, I have had a lot of mental health issues I've had to work on which took priority over writing, however I still wrote behind the scenes, however it was not on this book. (It was on a book that I'm releasing on Sunday so stay tuned ;) ) I went through a really rough and depressing time in my life, I struggled a lot with my self image. I was also diagnosed with autism and extreme social anxiety, which are things I still am getting used to living with, and trust it really fucking sucks but its something I am trying to embrace and tell myself that this is who I am and I don't need to change myself for the benefit of others. Also, I have had exams this year, so its made it difficult to write and revise at the same time, but I've been able to squeak past and I just hope I pass these exams haha.

UPCOMING WORKS
Now! I wanted to share to you some of my upcoming works, just to see if anyone would be interested in reading these.

Firstly, my book that is coming out in two days.

1. Demon Slayer x Male reader: This is the story of a boy, who was forced out of his home after he caused a blunder, which caused a demon to attack his home, brutally mutilating his family, however he managed to escape, by bravely killing the demon with a knife laced with wisteria oil. The boy managed to be trained by an ex-Flame Hashira. However, it didn't work out, tempers flared and paths were crossed. The boy, trained as a flame breather, developed a special connection to the dead, and formed his own breathing style, Soul Breathing.

 The boy, trained as a flame breather, developed a special connection to the dead, and formed his own breathing style, Soul Breathing

(Yes that is the Book cover that I made for this book.)

2. My Hero Academia (Tenya lida × Male OC): Following the story of Amao Odayaka, a bullied young guy, based on my own personal story. His quirk is called Giant Panda (it allows Amao to have the same attributes and abilities as giant pandas, the ability to roll up in a ball for defence and movement, A strong bite, able to lift really heavy things and most of all, overall cuteness.)
He faces body image issues, even though he is chubby, he is mostly muscle.
He stands at a whopping 200cm tall. He hates violence, but wants to save people so much. He loves to cook and lives with his dad and helps around in his kitchen at the family restaurant. He has a lot of trust issues when it comes to friends. Will it be possible to overcome many fears and adversaries when Amao gets into U.A?
3. Kakeguri x Male Reader: This one had just popped into my mind only recently because I have been thinking of rewatching Kakeguri again, so there's not much of a story to this one haha.

So yeah! Those are some of the Afterthoughts of this book! So thanks for taking the time to read this! Also, if any of you all have any comments whatsoever, please don't hesitate to ask! Once again, I am really thankful you have enjoyed my book and my other works, and I am pleased to announce that this Book is officially Complete!
Thanks again for everything!
-Jack
Word count: 1087