"Change, Challenge and Conqueer." - 19

And yes, the title was intentional. Hey all! Hope you enjoy the chapter! Its going to be ever so slightly different, but I hope you don't mind!

.....................................................................................................................................

Reader POV

Another day started without hearing Clemont's voice. It got me so uninspired, especially with the next Prince's cup being announced, in Dendimille town. I had realised, I needed to improve, drastically. But, I didn't know where to start. The group had gone to the battlefield to practice. I saw Serena having idea's sprout from everywhere. But I was stumped, I felt like crying. I had nothing, but I wanted to use Swablu and Pampour for this one. I had them out of their pokeballs and I sat down on the grass with them. I drew blanks to everything.

"Gah!" I screamed, falling back and kicking my legs up in the air. I couldn't think of anything. I was getting so stressed out. So, I got up and left, I had Pampour and Swablu both in their pokeballs, and left, without a word. I think not having clemont with us was starting to affect me.

I walked into the town centre and sat on the edge of the fountain, I briefly looked into it, hoping that the solution to my problems were in there. Upon staring blankly at the fountain, I heard a voice next to me.

"Staring at a plain fountain won't help you very much." I turned to see a scrawny looking blonde man, he had on him a hoodie and a pair of jeans. I was quite startled by his actions and almost fell into the fountain, but he managed to catch me before I could.

"I'm so sorry." I apologised. "I'm just in a bit of a state right now." 

"That's fine, I can help." The man chuckled. "When I get sad, food always helps!" 

Hearing his voice again, it sounded very familiar, but I couldn't pinpoint who he was. "What's your name, may I ask?"

"Pier-Peter!" The man stuttered, tugging at his drawstrings. He then took my hand and began to run, I had no idea where we were going but we were going somewhere. 

Once we arrived, I looked at the sign to the cafe we were at. It was one of the most expensive coffee shops in the whole of the Kalos region. We went in and were guided to our seats, they looked outwards to a lake, many pokemon inhabited the area, it was a beautiful sight to see.

"So, what's gotten you so gloomy?" The man asked. Sipping on his Roserade tea.

"I'm just not doing well, one of my closest friends has left us for a bit, I'm struggling to create an epic freestyle performance for the next pokemon showcase and the worst of all! My dreams are starting to crumble." I sighed, taking a bite out of my combee cookie.

"I remember seeing you at the showcase in Coumarine City." He remarked.

"Don't remind me of that shambolic performance." I looked away from the blonde guy.

"C'mon, it wasn't that bad. It just wasn't that memorable." Peter said.

"It certainly was memorable, for being the shittiest performance in the world." I huffed. "I don't want to do it anymore."

"Don't say that! It was your first performance." Peter tried to get through to me but I didn't want to listen.

"I'm scared!" A tear fell onto my cookie, followed by another one. "I'm scared that I'm going to fuck it up again."

"Hey, if you think like that, your not going to go anywhere, not today, not anywhere, monsieur!" Peter lifted my head up and wiped the tears from my eyes. "I tell you what, how about we have a double pokemon battle?"