"Bonnie on the Defense" - 11

This is unheard of! Me? Writing a chapter the day after I wrote one? I don't know what this magic is, but I'm rolling with it. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

.....................................................................................................................................

Reader POV

After the team had finished devouring dinner like a hungry pack of houndooms, we had decided to take a break from our travels and do some training. Clemont was to work on his inventions, Ash was training for his next battle in Coumarine City, as for Serena and I. We were practicing for our performances. 

"Alright then, that's settled." I ran into the huge clearing and jumped, throwing my two pokeballs in the air. "Go team! Centre stage!" 

Swablu and Floette burst out of their pokeballs. It was now time to get to the wire to really show what my team can do. 

"Right, to start off, I want Floette to fly forward creating a trail of scent, this is to set up for Swablu to use aerial ace to fly in, inhabiting the trail to fly around the stage whilst I dance. So let's try that." I said, my pokemon getting into position for the first practice run of the performance. It was high energy I was going for so I couldn't afford to slip up.

After the first run through, there were some things we could easily edit out, it was just a matter of timing and execution. After another try at the opening, Swablu created a gust of wind which resulted in my tie getting blown away, I retracted my pokemon in their pokeballs and went on the search for the missing tie.

On my search, I ended up getting a bit lost and stumbling into a beautiful clearing in the forest, it had a huge lake at the bottom of it and I saw a cave. I still couldn't find my tie though, and I thought it got into the water. I looked at the cave once more and I saw Bonnie, a few other kids and a huge lapras. It was the biggest Lapras I'd ever seen. It started to rain and to protect myself from the rain I advanced towards the cave. Bonnie saw me and I was immediately attacked by her friends.

"Who are you!?" The ginger one shouted.

"I'm Bonnie's friend, may I come in?" I asked. The girl turned to bonnie who nodded and she let me in. "Thank you."

They had introduced themselves as, Heidi, Kai and Jay. The lapras' story was told by Heidi, it made me wretch at the thought of pokemon hunters. I showed them my swablu and floette and they were instantly in awe. When the rain cleared, the Lapras began to cry out in pain. I took a look at it and I saw a huge wound. I reached into my pocket to find anything that could help. I managed to pick out an oran berry to feed the lapras. The others managed to find us and bring nurse joy with them. Together we managed to get Lapras to a healthy state. However it longed to be in the ocean with its friends and family. The young kids didn't understand it, but I did. So we made a promise, to take lapras back to the ocean. I decided to ride on Lapras' back on the way home, just so that it new that it was safe. On our way we face a couple of obstacles, a rock and team rocket. Just the usual I guess. 

"This way!" I shouted to the young Lapras defence force, I pointed towards the ocean. Lapras became increasingly faster. On the way we encountered James from team rocket who made the Lapras confused. I hugged the Lapras tightly and shouted.

"Swablu! Use take down!" I shouted, swablu doing my command. I was still trying to calm down this lapras.

"Pumpkaboo! Use dark pulse!" Jessie shouted, I looked back and saw the dark pulse heading my way. I thought briefly and fed the lapras a oran berry like before. It quickly snapped out of its confusion and used brine to fend off the pokemon. I cheered as we saw the Lapras' friends.

They both used Ice beam to send Team rocket packing once and for all. After seeing them all together. Later on in the evening, when the sun was setting, we were watching the lapras go off with its family once and for all. A tear fell from my eye as I held a empty pokeball in my hand. I reflected on it for a minute but stopped. Clemont turned to my and said.

"You made the right decision. Lapras seems happier as a wild pokemon." He said.

"Thank you, Clemont." I chuckled as I wiped a tear from my eye. 

And that was it, how I helped a bunch of kids take care of a Lapras, one of the most beautiful pokemon in the world. I thought about catching it, but I realised that I just couldn't. But what I did realise was that, my next pokemon was to be a water type. Because they are so beautiful and charming, and so graceful with their movements.

.....................................................................................................................................

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I also want to see if you can guess what will be the next pokemon the reader will catch! Bonus points if you guess right! Also, there might be a chapter which comes out tomorrow. 

-potato

Word count: 890