"Champion Battle Research!"- 46

Hey all! Sorry for my long inactivity and Hiatus. I am extremely sorry for not explaining why I have taken this hiatus. Firstly, I just wanted to say that I took this break due to my mental health deteriorating in addition to mass amount of exam stress. I can say now that I am in a place where I am now happy with myself and have almost completed all of my exams. I hope you enjoy this chapter, it might be a bit bad because I am still getting used to writing again hope y'all don't mind!

.....................................................................................................................................

Reader POV

It had been a couple of weeks since I had won my title as the Kalos King and I had many people want to interview me and I had a lot of people sending me messages congratulating me. Due to these interviews and events I was at, it meant that I had to leave the team for a while, they were ok with it, I had tried to call them many times however they weren't able to take my calls. However, I still felt so happy to be crowned the Kalos King as it meant I now had a platform to speak out about pressing issues. 

Currently, I was in a Helicopter with the Legendary Champion Diantha as we had just organized a special event which would come later on in the year, something involved with some elite people.  She had also filled me in about the prophecy Olympia had told her.

"I see them!" I pressed my face up against the window and smiled.

"Our Altitude is low enough! Pick me up in a bit 'kay?" Diantha shouted to her Personal assistant. "Y/n! Lets drop now!"

Very hastily, we jumped and slid down two ropes to the ground. I turned to see my friends smile with excitement.

"Hey you guys. Long time no see." I chuckled, without even a second going by they enveloped me into a warm hug.

"We've missed you so much!" Ash and Bonnie cried.

"I really can't believe your here." Clemont giggled sheepishly.

"Does this help?" I smiled as I kissed his forehead. Clemont went bright red, a beautiful color.

"What are you guys doing here?" Serena asked politely.

"Olympia told me about the prediction, and about Zygarde." The champion spoke.

"I'm just here because I'm coming travelling with you again!" I smiled.

After a while of conversation we decided to set up for a battle, It was going to be Diantha and I versus Ash and Serena.

"Fair warning you guys, since we last crossed paths, I have improved on my battling skills a lot! And my team has gotten rather strong too!" I boasted.

"I want to see what Ash and Greninja can do together." Diantha whispered. "So Focus on Serena."

"Will do." I replied.

"This is a double battle..I guess, you can only use one pokemon each, the battle ends when both pokemon on one side is unable to continue, Y/n gets the first move." Bonnie refereed. "Oh! I forgot to say...let the battle begin!"

"Lets hit it Altaria!" I threw its pokeball up into the air. "Use Hurricane on Sylveon!"

A torrent of violent winds enveloped sylveon and damaged it, not enough to fully take it out however.

"Sylveon, Fairy wind!" Serena shouted.

"Dodge it!" I shouted, a barrage of attacks crossed my pokemon however missed and shook the earth below us, a cloud of smoke grew strong and rose into the battlefield. "Go Diantha!" 

"Gardeviour! Shadow ball on Greninja!" She ordered. Gardeviour instantly attacked, causing a ball of ghostly energy to spring through the battlefield towards Greninja.

"Cut!" Ash countered the move but Greninja wasn't able to counter it in time, so had taken a direct hit.

"Altaria! Use Hurricane again on Sylveon!" I instructed my pokemon, it was a direct hit and sent Sylveon flying into a tree.

"Sylveon is unable to battle! Serena is out of the battle!" Bonnie informed us.

"Not looking too good here Ash." I chuckled.

"Greninja, use double team and follow it up with water shuriken on Altaria." Ash became tenser.

I didn't need to say anything. One thing I had picked up on with Diantha was her battle style, Her and gardeviour were so in sync that they didn't need words to communicate; All they needed were a series of looks.

After Altaria had dodged those moves, I looked at Diantha and she nodded.

"Altaria! Use Brave bird!" I pointed my hand into the air and my pokemon enacted the move with such precision and accuracy it almost made me tear up, Greninja was struck quite badly, however Altaria also was taken down too.

"Incredible!" Clemont stood in awe of my pokemon.

Soon enough, Ash had become one with Greninja, forming Ash Greninja. They instantly tried to attack both of our pokemon at the same time, however we tried our best to keep a wide birth.

"Use Cut on Altaria!" Within second an explosion happened and Altaria had fainted.

"Altaria has fainted! Y/n is out of the battle." Bonnie announced once again.

"You did well Altaria, well done with the brave bird; now get some rest. Return!" I withdrew Altaria and went to go sit with Clemont and Serena.

Ash and greninja really put up a fight against Diantha, it was wild! They'd created one of the biggest water Shurikens I'd ever seen and had took Mega gardeviour down quite a lot. Ash then began to look pale, he was unsteady on his feet, then he fainted.

We ran up to him but I noticed that gardevoiur had been trapped in a sort of light box.

Team Rocket had appeared and had taken Diantha's Gardeviour.

"Take care of Ash! Y/n! Give us some help!" Diantha ordered. 

I ran to her side with a pokeball in hand. I spun around and threw it giving the orders;

"Chandelure! Use Inferno!" Chandelure popped out of its pokeball and created a blaze so strong it could burn even the most flame retardant materials.

"Gardevouir! Full power! Use Shadow ball!" Our pokemon both took out the Rocket balloon, sending them flying.

"Chandelure, return." I said before I ran to Ashes side.

After he awoke, It was then time to say goodbye to Diantha.

"Diantha, it has been a pleasure working with you." I said shaking her hand.

"The pleasure is all mine, my King." Diantha curtsied. "Plus, the next time I'll probably be seeing you, we'll be battling against each other, I want to see your all when that time comes!"

"Oh you will! I promise!" I chuckled.

"So does this mean that you'll be travelling with us from now on Y/n?" Bonnie asked.

"Yup! I want to see Ash win his next Gym badge!" I smiled.

.....................................................................................................................................

Really hope you enjoyed this chapter! I know its probably not the best!

Thanks for reading!

-potato

Word count: 1097