"Pathways to Performance Proficiency" - 12

Hey all! I'm back writing again tonight! Can't wait to share this chapter as we are introduced to a new rival for the reader. Hope you enjoy!

.....................................................................................................................................

Reader POV

As we were just finishing up lunch, Serena went to offer us some Pokepuffs that she made. However, we had discovered that chespin had eaten them all. Floette seemed pretty bugged at this, same with Pancham. They ended up having a bit of a tussle which rather stressed me out. I gave a disapproving look to Floette and I told it to apologise to the others. However, Chespin ran away and mocked the other two pokemon. Floette tried to use vine whip to get back at chespin but I blocked it from doing so.

"You know your above retaliation Floette." I remarked, Hawlucha swooping next to floette to comfort them.

"Your heckling my pokemon!" We heard a scream from beyond the bush. There was a girl with a smoochum and a farfetch'd. There was also a guy, he had out a Solosis and a Roserade. I recognised both of them from the Showcase Promo exhibition. I believe their names were Nini and Joaquin. Nini seemed quite bubbly and happy, she had a cute fit and flare dress on and her hair in pigtails. Joaquin on the other hand, he was real cute. 

(I made this on picrew because I can't draw)

He seemed really sweet, his performance team were a force to be reckoned with, was what I had heard. Nini was practicing for her performance, likewise was Joaquin. Serena and I were asked on our opinions for the performances. They also helped us with our performances likewise.

"Now show us what you've got Y/n!" Joaquin and Nini cheered.

"Alright then." I said.

Starting off like before, Floette created a trail of aromatherapy which Swablu flew threw. Next, I did a cartwheel, just as a razor leaf flew past me, Swablu used take down to give it some speed and flew around the glade. Meanwhile I was dancing with floette, It used their vine whips as arm extensions, to which I would twirl around with it and create a spectacular sight. After that, Swablu would fall back, with the razor leaf following suit. Next the razor leaf would disperse around my team and coagulate towards the top. To finish, Swablu would use Solar beam and Floette would use Fairy wind, both aiming towards the top of the coagulated razor leaves, which were spinning in a ball. The razor leaves would explode and create a glittering ending position. 

"That was awesome!" Nini and Joaquin smiled. Everyone clapping and I took a bow.

"Thanks you guys." I said, suddenly a car pulled up out of nowhere, the people who stepped out of it claimed to be super duper pokemon performance trainers.

"We'll train your pokemon to be perfect stars!" The three said, they gave me odd vibes but I decided to roll with it. Floette was enjoying its training however Swablu refused to cooperate.

Within seconds, the pokemon were ushered into a bubble thing. The door was closed on them and they had no escape.

"Let them go!" I shouted. Team rocket popped out of nowhere and did their thing. "Quite embarrassing really."

"Embarrassing!?" Jessie shouted. "Pumpkaboo! Use dark pulse!"

"Swablu! Counter it with Solar beam!" I shouted smoke then covered the battlefield, resulting in team rocket getting away. "I won't let this happen! Swablu, go after that balloon!"

"You too fletchinder." Ash shouted, throwing out fletchinder.

Hot on our heels, we ran towards the fighting, just to see that Floette, Pancham and Chespin had worked out their problems, and had defeated team rocket by themselves. After that squabble, pikachu had finished team rocket once and for all to send them flying. As the sun set we were  on the route to Coumarine city, this also meant saying goodbye to nini and Joaquin.

"Thanks for everything today." Joaquin shook my hand.

"Its really no problem." I shook his hand back.

"Also, did you know that there was a late entry to the Showcase performers." He said.

"Who? I thought they closed entry after the promo aired." I gave a worried expression.

"Yeah, Pierre sent a message out explaining that, Because of his remarkable talent in performing he let the rules slide." My expression became more worried. "So we better look out for this mystery man." 

"I agree, because no one can beat me!" I sounded very cocksure, but it was true.

"See you when we next see you!" Nini and Joaquin walked away waving at us as we parted ways.

"Now, towards Coumarine City!" Ash cheered! I thrusted my hand into the air in agreement.

.....................................................................................................................................

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! I may not upload one tomorrow but I could so be prepared for that! Who do you think this mystery man could be?? We'll never know!

-potato

Word count: 811