"Underneath the pledging tree." -16

Hey! Hope you enjoy the chapter!

.....................................................................................................................................

Reader POV

I was still buzzing after watching Ashes' battle with Ramos yesterday, I couldn't believe how much he's grown since the battle at the Shalour City gym. But now, we were in the pokemon centre. Getting signed in for the Princess and the Princes cup. I scanned my pokedex on the screen and it came up with.

"Y/n, from Anistar City." The robotic voice said. "Your all signed in."

"There you go!" Nurse joy handed me a tray with Swablu's pokeball on it.

"Thanks so much nurse Joy." I took the pokeball and released my swablu, it immediately flew onto my head.

After we walked out, we saw that the streets were decorated in festivities. Of course, it was the festival of the pledging tree. Where it was said that the bond between pokemon and trainer is supposed to grow stronger when standing underneath it and giving your pokemon a gift. It was very cute to imagine.

"That's so cool! We need to take part in it too!" Ash cheered. We all agreed to do that.

"I'm going to stay at the pokemon centre." Clemont giggled, he clearly had an idea up his sleeve.

"Clemont, I want to leave Swablu and Floette with you. Because I don't want them to know what I'm getting them." "I chuckled, transferring swablu onto Clemonts shoulder, and giving him floettes pokeball.

"Thank you for putting such trust in my Y/n." Clemont smiled. "I appreciate it."

The others decided to leave their pokemon with clemont too. And then we went out on our shopping spree. It was Ash, Serena and I. However it felt very much like I was third-wheeling, which I didn't mind. 

After going on the monorail across the port, we arrived at Hillcrest Alley, the centre of fashion and shopping. We started to look around at the stores and I got tons of inspiration for my gifts. I looked at many costume stores and tons of fabric and pattern shops. However, something sprung to me. It was some sort of jewelry store. I went inside and saw a beautiful lady at the counter. I believer her name was Olivia, she was dripping in jewels and different stones.

"Heya kiddy! What can I get ya?" She asked.

"Do you guys have any shiny stones?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, we don't have any in stock I'm afraid." She sighed. "However we do have these."

She brought me over to a display case of many mega stones. I was in disbelief at how many there were. "Any of these take your fancy?"

"That Altarianite looks pretty." I giggled.

"It really does, however its extremely rare, and definitely out of your price range." She then brought me to the front of the store and directed me to the door. "Now theres the door so that you can leave."

I thought she was incredibly rude, however my anger turned to fear as a woman in a black fur coat caught my eye, she looked incredibly like my mother, she even had a liepard, which snarled at me. After standing on the corner of the shop, the woman walked out with an altarianite clutched in her hand. I got extremely pissed but I was too fearful, so I made a swift exit. 

It was nearing to the end of the day and I still hadn't got anything for my partners. However, I was lucky I had a gift with a sewing machine, so I bought some fabric and returned back to the monorail station, waiting for Ash with Serena.