Chapter 1

Chapter 1

(edited)

It was the first day of a new school, and clumsy me, decided to embarrass myself in front of everyone.

I was new to the neighborhood and nobody knew me. I was a stranger, so being clumsy really sets off with a bunch of people about my personality. Totally. (Note the sarcasm.)

I was trying to figure out where my first class was, when I tripped. On nothing! That's even more embarrassing! I closed my eyes as all my books fell all over the floor. But there was something different about this fall. Instead of falling on the floor, I was held in arms.

I opened my eyes to see a light brown haired, green eyed, tall, and built guy holding me. You have to admit he was cute.

"Are you okay?" He asked, standing me up on my feet. His voice was low and smooth.

"Um, yeah, I think so." I pushed a strand of hair out of my face as he looked directly at me.

He cleared his throat, "Here, let me help you." He went on his knees, and picked up the books.

"Oh! Uh, thank you." I said as he stood back up, handing me my books.

Students walked by and looked at me like I had committed a murder. Had I? What did I do?

A girl who looked enraged came storming towards me. I soon found out that it wasn't me she was after but, "FLYNNIE!" She screeched.

He cringed and slowly turned around to face the fiery cheerleader, looking like a time bomb about to explode.

"Flynnie, who is this?!" She demanded, standing next to him, gesturing to me.

Everyone around us gasped, and muttered about themselves.

"Ella, this is um..."

He looked at me. I smiled, returning my look to Ella. "Ayrika." I replied slyly.

"WELL, whoever you are. I don't want you near Flynn EVER again!" She flung her arms at Flynn's and dragged him down the hall.

He waved goodbye, and staggered behind his cliché cheerleader girlfriend. I chuckled a bit.

The bell rang for a warning to get to class.

I had to ask someone for help, so with no time to look around I tapped on the nearest girl's shoulder.

"Excuse me? Do you happen to know where room 218 is?"

She turned around. She was about 5'5" and she had light blonde hair pulled back into a ponytail. Her long eyelashes fluttered as the ends of her lips curled, making a smile.

"Oh yeah! Let me show you!" She said all friendly like. "My name's Mya. I'm a Sophomore." She smiled as she pushed through the crowd in the hall, I following close behind.

"I'm Aryika. I'm a Sophomore too."

"Well Aryika. Here is room 218, History right?"

I looked down at my schedule. "I believe so."

"Cool! I have this class later. What classes do you have this semester?"

I looked at my sheet for semester two. My finger followed as I read off the sheet.

"First hour, history. Second hour, english. Third hour, chemistry. Then I have lunch. After lunch, fourth hour I have art. Fifth hour, food science. Sixth, algebra two. Seventh hour, ASL."

I showed her my list.

"Awesome. We have 3, 4, and 7 together!"

She was really energetic, I was already excited to learn more about her!

"Okay, cool! Can't wait!" I smiled.

"See ya!" She said and she ran off. The bell rang, indicating class had started.