Chapter 15

Chapter 15

(edited)

Karder looked at the man who looked like he had no face.

"D-dad? W-what are y-you d-doing here?"

"I came to get you."

I grabbed a hold of his hand protectively. "Not unless you tell me why first."

"Ayrika don't-" Karder stood and let go of my hand.

"Karder!" I looked up into his beautiful green eyes and spoke in almost a whisper. "What are you doing. Don't do this to me."

I looked back at the man. He was staring at us. I still couldn't see his face, but I knew he didn't like this.

"I love you Ayrika. This is my fight not yours." He kissed my forehead. I grabbed his hand one more time before he left.

He walked away. I stared at him until I could no longer see him. Tears welled up in my eyes. That was the first time he said that he loved me. I didn't know what to think, but he kept on walking away.

I could no longer do this. This crying I'd done recently, wasn't compared to this. I couldn't take it anymore, I just let it flow.

I wasn't ready to loose my best friend. The one who always made me smile, and loved me even when I nearly fell on top of him.

He was the greatest guy I had ever known. Every other one was a fake, a trader, a jerk.

Then I thought. Can God help me?

"God." I began to pray, and through my sobs I confined. "I don't know if you are listening, but I need you to protect him. Keep him safe. He's in your hands."

I started to cry again. Then those soft words I had heard before came to sooth my hurt.

"I will never leave you"

And with those five simple words, I felt relived. Like I knew everything was going to be okay. I looked up into the sky, closed my eyes and said:

"I trust you, God. I trust you."