Chapter 14

Chapter 14

(edited)

We arrived to the house with Olive's nose going crazy. She was smelling absolutely everything. I couldn't help but to just giggle.

"Okay, here you go! Go scout out everything!" I set her on the ground. She instantly started smelling everything she could. I giggled.

Karder shut the door behind him. I looked at him. He grabbed my hand.

"Aunt Linda! Uncle Jacob!" Karder yelled, and started walking towards the kitchen to see a small note. He quietly read it and shoved it in his pocket.

"What's that about?"

"Oh nothing." He blushed.

"Karder. . ." I smirked. He looked down at me and smiled.

"Come here." He brought me outside to sit on the hammock outside.

We sat down and he put his arm around me and kissed my forehead.

"Wait, where is Olive?" I said suddenly concerned.

"She's fine. I put her in a kennel I bought earlier." he smiled. I smiled back.

"You bought a kennel?"

"Yeah, a while ago. I hid it in my room."

I laughed. "You certainly hide things well."

"I do?"

"Yes you do. I mean, you never explained the fact that when I ran into you, you thought I was pretty."

He blushed. "How did you figure that out?"

"Nothing."

I looked up.

"Oh really?" He smirked.

He started tickling me and I laughed like there was no tomorrow.

After about five minutes of non-stop tickles, Karder stopped and looked into my eyes and smiled.

"You're so cute."

"You mean that?"

"Of course I do!"

He leaned in and kissed me. It was only the second kiss he had given me and it was still the best thing of my life. Then he stopped, and looked up, his face turned to stone.

"Karder?"

I turned to look at what he was looking at. I saw a tall dark figure.

"Hello son."