Chapter 2

Chapter 2

(edited)

So, First hour, my teacher, Mr. Johnson, was a nice enough teacher.

Second hour, my teacher, Ms. Ellis was really mean.

Third hour, my teacher, Mrs. Pylon, smells horrible! Not that I would know. . .

Lunch was okay, I mean, what school lunch tastes good?

Fourth hour, Ms. Peter, she's a different one. . .

"AYRI!" Mya calls and waves to me as I walk in the door to fourth hour art.

I wave walking and taking a seat by her and her friend.

"Elsi, this is Ayrika. Ayrika this is Elsi." Mya introduced.

"Hi." I wave and half smile.

She glares. "Whatever." She mumbles.

Mya starts talking to Elsi about the next cheer event coming up. I just shake my head and start drawing on the table then erasing it.

"Alright class." Ms. Peter says softly. I could barely hear her, being in the back of the class. "Today, we are starting a new lesson. We will be doing real life drawings. Now, you may look up anyone to draw or you may choose a friend or neighbor. Doesn't matter. I will hand out some paper, and you may have at it. The time is yours."

I needed to tell her I was new here. I got out of my seat, maneuvering between the desks to reach Ms. Peter.

"Hello! My name is Ayrika White, I am a new student here." I greet.

"Oh! Hello, Ayrika. Welcome!" She smiled for a split second before looking down at the drawing she was currently grading.

I shrugged, and walked back to my seat when I noticed a familiar face at a different table. Wait! That was the guy who helped me in the hall! What was his name, uh, Flynn! Yeah, Flynn. I decided to walk over to his desk.

I tapped him on the shoulder. He shot his head up. "Ayrika?"

"Hi!" I smiled.

"I didn't know you had this class!"

"Well, to be fair I just started today."

"I guess so." He chuckled. "Hey look, I'm sorry about Ella this morning. She's kinda overprotective when it comes to me."

"So I see. She's quite the character." I laughed.

He chuckled too. "Yeah, she is." There was a pause. "Do you have anywhere to sit? Because you can sit over here if you want."

"Oh, no it's fine. I'm sitting with my friend over there," pointing to Mya. "Thanks anyways! Maybe some other time."

I walked back to my seat, plopping down next to Mya.

"Hey, where did you go?"

"Oh, I was just talking to someone. . ." I sighed. I looked at the paper that had been handed to me. I fiddled with the pencil in my hand.

Maybe I could do my favorite celebrity? Bridgit Mendler? Sure I'll do her.

I took my phone out and looked up a picture. I found the perfect one and started. About halfway into drawing the head the bell rang.

'Great just great.' I thought to myself.

"Now it's lunch right?" Mya asked

I checked my schedule. "Um, Mya, we had lunch an hour ago. . ." I laughed

"You had lunch an hour ago! Now it's my turn!" She giggled. "See you seventh hour, Ayri!"

"Okay, bye Mya!" I said. She quickly scurried away.

I walked out. Surprisingly, someone walked along side of me.

"Hello again." Flynn greeted.

"Um, hi?" I chuckled walking down the hallway.

"What class do you have now?"

"Food science."

"With Kady? Yuck!" He groaned. "I'm so sorry for you!" He began to laugh.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing. . . nothing."

"Alright. Well, this is my stop. See you around, Flynn."