Chapter 21

Chapter 21

(edited)

Once I return to the Foster's home, no one is outside. I shrug and skip all the way inside with Olive trailing behind me, clearly exhausted.

I open the door to see Karder standing there in the kitchen with a couple other men.

"Kar—" I fake coughed. "'scuse me,
Flynn? Who are they?"

"Ayrika!" He runs up to me and embraces me in a hug. This hug was saying I'm sorry for not telling you.

"Flynn, what's going on. I need a full explanation."

He sighed and looked down at his watch.

"No time for explanation. We need to move."

"What why?"

"Just trust me!"

He grabbed Olive and put her in her kennel, grabbed the kennel and shoved us out the door.

He held my hand as we walked outside and into a large black van.

"Flynn?"

"Just stay in there!" He demanded and helped me in there.

"Okay, Mr. Grumpy Gills." I quoted from my favorite movie, Finding Nemo.

I chuckled to myself and heard Olive whimpering.

I cooed. "It's okay Oli. Karder will keep us safe."

I pet her nose and she quietly, fell asleep.

I smiled watching her little puppy eyes closed and her slowed breathing, was soothing.

Then the door swung open with Karder standing in the doorway.

"Karder!" I whispered. "Will you come sit by me?"

He looked around, smiled, and hopped in. He closed the door behind him and came and sat next to me.

"Karder?"

"Mm?"

"What's going on?"

"I wish I could tell you. But for right now, it's best you don't know."

I snuggled up against him wrapping my arm under his and laying my head on his shoulder.

He ever so faintly kissed the top of my head. We started moving.

With every bump, I clung as close to Karder as I possibly could. It came to the point where I was sitting on his lap, with his strong arms wrapped around my small torso. I smiled, feeling protected by the tenderness he showed.

He was perfect.

~~~
I was suddenly startled awake by the car door opening. I hadn't even realized I fell asleep.

I grabbed Olive's kennel and scooted out the van door, to reveal a very large building.

Too large to be the Foster's vacation home, but too small to be a castle. What was it?

Olive was taken from my hand, as I was ushered into this large building.

On one or more notes, Karder was standing next to me the whole time, and I had tripped on my feet way more than once, so Karder caught me. Which made me blush profusely.

Once we were inside, I looked around at a magnificent giant ball room, type of thing.

Then I caught eye of a middle aged woman.

"Excuse me?" I called over to her.

"Yes, Miss?"

"Um, where am I?"

The lady looked at Karder and smiled. He nodded and gestured for her to continue.

"Why, you are at the palace get away house."

"Why?"

"Because you, Miss White. Are a princess."

~~

A/N

MUAHAHHAHAHHA *coughs*
excuse me...

BUT ANYWAYS, what do you think of the twist ending at the end of this chapter?!

I did!! 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼

PLEASE COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK!!!!

thanks for reading(:

Ari