Chapter 26

Chapter 26

(edited)

After a week of preparation, shopping for cake, a dress, plus all the minor and major details, the day was finally here.

Our wedding day. It wouldn't be a big one, we only had a couple of Karder's friends, Linda, Jacob, and Karder's grandparents.

But I was still very nervous. This was going to be a huge commitment, and even though we were married young, I didn't care. I didn't want to part from him, I couldn't, I wouldn't.

I was pacing the girls room when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in."

I looked at who was coming in and it was not who I expected.

"Mya? What are you doing here?!"

"Oh Ayri! You look so gorgeous in that dress!" She came in and gave me a hug.

"Mya, what. . .why. . .how. . ."

"Karder called. He told us you were getting married!"

"Why?"

"He knew things weren't right between us, so he wanted us to make it right." I nodded. She continued. "Look, Ayri, I'm really sorry I couldn't come to the hospital that one time. I'm serious, my parents wouldn't let me, otherwise I would have been there the whole time."

"I forgive you My." I gave her another big hug.

"I have a question,"

"What is it?"

"Why are you getting married at seventeen?"

I laughed awkwardly, hesitated on whether to tell her or not. Then, I decided to.

I told her everything, from me being a foster child, his aunt and uncle taking me in, up until now.

She hugged me afterwards. "Ayri, I wished you had told me. I would have helped."

I smiled. "Thanks."

"Well, since I'm here, we need to get you ready for this wedding!"

We stood up, and got going on me.

~~
It was five minutes before I went through the doors to my wedding when someone showed up at the doors.

"Excuse me, has the wedding started yet?" the woman asked an usher.

"No ma'am. Not yet. The service will begin in five minutes." The usher replied.

"Oh thank goodness. Do you by chance know where I can find the groom? I need to talk to him."

"I'm sorry ma'am, I do not."

"Okay. Thank you."

She walked towards me and saw me, she stopped next to me.

"Hello." She greeted. "I'm Mrs. Foster. Flynn's mom."

I furrowed my eyebrows. He said his mother had left when he was young.

"Hi. I'm—"

"The bride to be?"

"Um, yes actually."

"What's your name again dear?"

"Ayrika."

"Ayrika. Well, we are lucky to have you join the family."

I smiled. "Thank you. I heard the background music stop, and start my entering song."

"If you'll excuse me."

Miss Foster nodded and I walked to the double door and they were opened for me.

Once one doors were opened, I took a deep breath and told myself that there was no turning back now.

~~
"I do." He said

"I do." I repeated.

Karder looked into my eyes and smiled. It was almost over, and I was excited to be his, at last.

"I now present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Flynn Karder Foster. Mr. Foster, you may kiss your bride."

And with that, he swung me down, like all of the kisses in the movies, so I was only looking directly at him, and him at me.

Then he planted our first kiss as husband and wife on my lips, as the crowd cheered.

It was such a passionate kiss, it was almost like our first one.

After we parted. I smiled so widely I thought it would be stuck there forever.

"I love you, Mrs. Foster."

"I love you more, Mr. Foster."

"I love you most, Mrs. Foster."

(I'm sorry I had to! Everyone was waiting for a Tangled moment and there you go! Happy?!)

This was the greatest moment of my entire life. I wondered what the rest of my life was going to be like with the idiot, green eyed boy I loved with all of my being.

And since God is with us, and is in the middle of our relationship, I know that we will be okay.

This was our story, with our newly developed talent, the art of love.