Chapter 23

Chapter 23

(edited)

The next morning, Karder was overly nervous about something.

"Karder? What's up?"

He was sweating buckets. What was with him?

"Um, well. . ." he paced the kitchen floor.

"Its okay, babe. You can tell me." I wrapped my arms around his torso and rubbed his back.

"Okay, um. . .well, I should tell you that, we can't stay here anymore."

I stepped back, looking into his green eyes. "What do you mean?"

"Ayrika, they want you back."

I continued to stare into his eyes. I scrunched up my eyebrows. "Who's they?"

"The agency."

My face turned dead white. "W-why?"

A tear fell down his cheek. I took his hand and lead him to the couch. I sat, made him lay down, and rest his head on my lap. I put my hand through his hair, braiding it down to where his hair stopped.

"Linda said, that if you were you marry me one day, that she doesn't want you to be her daughter and niece in law." He explained.

I guess that made sense. But what if I moved out of state? What if I moved cross country! I couldn't deal with that.

"That's why I have the idea that, you and I get married, now, so we don't have you move somewhere out of state."

"Hold up. . ." I took his head off of my lap and stood up. "Karder, we are only seventeen!"

"I know, but Ayrika, you can't leave. You changed me." He was standing right in front of me.

Now it was me that was crying. "Karder, I can't tell you enough how you've changed me, I want to accept Christ into my life because of you."

Karder looked me in the eyes and smiled. "You never told me that."

"I was waiting for the right moment, I guess."

"Would you like to do it now?" He smiled, sitting up. I nodded, meaningfully. "Okay, repeat after me."

And I said what he said. Right after we said amen I felt like a new person. Like my past didn't define me, and I was free to live my life as me. I began crying.

"What's the matter sweetpea?" Karder asked, wiping away each tear as they fell.

And in the faintest whisper I could manage I said, "I'm just so happy, now. And you, and God, have helped me to realize that I'm not what my past defines me as. But, the worst of it all, is that I don't want to loose you."

~~

A/N

AWH! Such a sweet chapter aye? Gosh how I love those two.

Any who, I'm super disappointed to say but, this book is almost coming to a close!

*cries in corner*

Its been such an amazing journey with these two, and you! Without you, Ayrika & Karder might have never been a thing or even existed for that matter!

So thanks to you, the readers! I hope you enjoy the end of this book as much as I will❤❤

Ari