Chapter 22

Chapter 22

(edited)

"Shut. Up." My mouth hung open, in shock. "You are joking right?"

"You are, Ayrika Joy White, correct?"

"Yeah?"

"Then you, my lady, are princess."

I looked at Karder who wasn't looking at me. "Flynn?" He continued to stare at the floor.

"Flynn look at me please, dear."

He looked at me, his tear stained cheeks. "I'm sorry." He whispered.

He suddenly fell straight to the floor. His was apparently red with blood. I screamed and instantly fell to my knees.

"KARDER!" I screeched without thinking. "NO! NO!" he was laying on his back his eyes were shut, his breathing was stuttered. I cupped his face with my hand. He let out a slow breath and opened his eyes.

"Karder, please. Keep your eyes open, just look at me."

His squinted eyes, looked right at mine. "Ayrika. Its okay, just leave me here. There's too much blood."

"No. I'm not leaving you here. . ."  Tears fell from my eyes to his face. He lifted his unwounded arm up to my face.

"I love you."

"Karder, please don't die. I can't live with myself if you die."

And with one final breath, he was gone.

"No." My face scrunched up and tears fell more rapidly than before. I placed my head in his chest only to realize, my head went straight through his body.

"What?" The remaining tears fell. I blinked a couple times to realize that, he wasn't actually there. My eyebrows scrunched up and I stood up. Just then, I realized I wasn't in a palace ballroom anymore, I was in my bedroom.

My heart started pounding. That. Was the most realistic dream I'd ever had.

"Ayrika?" Karder asked, running into my room. "I heard you crying. Are you okay?"

"Um, yeah, I'm okay. I just had a really strange dream." I looked into his eyes, deep with concern, his body tense. His body relaxed and started walking out the door. "Hey, uh, Karder?"

"Yeah?"

"Do—do you mind staying with me tonight?" My voice pleading. I wanted him here with me.

He smiled. "Of course." I scooted over, making room for him. I turned my back to him, he wrapped his arm around me, making me feel safe. "Goodnight, my love."

~~

A/N

HA! Tricked you didn't I!! Muahaha! Had y'all thinking Karder died, didn't I? I also had you thinkin she was a princess. HA!

jk well, see ya next chapter(: hope you enjoyed!

(edited part of A/N: if you are rereading this over again, i changed this part up, because it just added too much confusion in the original version. i hope this isn't as confusing.)

Ari