Chapter 6

Chapter 6

(edited)

The rest of the day I felt cowardice, ashamed, awful, need I go on? I was not happy with what I did. I felt bad.

Now I was regretting my choice of going with Flynn to church. It's in only a couple days, and I don't know what will happen!

I got home to see Flynn sitting there on the counter stool.

"Flynn. . ." I greeted awkwardly, whilst trying to choose my words wisely.

He turned around to see me. He smiled. "Nice to see you too, Ayrika."

I turned around to go to my room when, "But Ayrika," he said. "I need to talk to you a minute." He motioned to sit on the backyard hammock.

I sighed, and gave in. What's the use. He's staying here, It's not like I can ignore him the rest of the time he's here.

He opened the door, I stepped through, him following closely behind. I sat on the hammock, and he was next to me.

"Yes?" I asked, curious as to why he wanted to sit out here, and not inside.

"I just wanted to say thank you. What you did to Ella was appreciated."

I was confused. Why was he happy? I gave a confused look. "Explain?"

He laughed. "I really dislike Ella. I mean, yeah she's pretty, but she's so high maintenance. And since I wasn't helping her defend herself, she dumped me." He smiled and stared at me.

Wait, was I hearing him correctly? "You aren't sad?" I asked, trying not to be too excited.

"Nah, I mean, I don't even know why I dated her."

I don't know either. I mentally laughed.
I tried not to look happy. But the truth was, that I was very happy. Him staying at the house with me, him now being single! Ah! Yes! Finally.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked abruptly.

I nodded.

He sighed. "I haven't told anyone this. Only my parents know, not even Ella knew."

I nodded slowly. I was happy he was trusting me, but why?

"My name isn't actually Flynn, it's Karder."

I looked strangely at him. "How is it spelled?"

"K-A-R-D-E-R."

"That is some name." Is all I could say. What could I say. I really liked it, and him.

He laughed "Yeah. Wait. Is yours spelled different?"

"Yeah, it's A-Y-R-I-K-A."

"That is some name." He mocked.

We laughed. We looked at each other. This was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. . . Or possibly—Nah!

~

A/N:
Little insight on their names (if you didn't already figure it out) 'Karder' is another form of 'Carter' & 'Ayrika' is another form of Erika. Both made up by me.