Chapter 7

Chapter 7

(edited)

That Sunday was the day I was going to go to church with Karder. He told me I can't say his real name around others. Only I can call him that. Around others I call him Flynn. Which I hated, now that I knew his real name.

Anyway, I decided to dress up a bit fancy. White dress that went to my knees, with a small teal belt around my waist, and some white sandals.

Karder came downstairs and stopped when he saw me at the counter eating a bowl of cereal.

"Wow Ayrika! You look—" he searched for the right word or words to say, "amazing!"

I looked down at myself. "Thanks, I guess." I giggled quietly.

"I guess? Really?" He glared at me with one eyebrow up.

I laughed and sat down next to him and poured a bowl of cereal for myself.

When we arrived at church, one of Karder's friends came up to him.

"Hey man!" His friend greeted.

"Hey!" Karder replied. "Oh, Jay! This is my friend, Ayrika."

I smiled and waved. "Nice to meet you Jay."

"You as well, Ayrika."

After Jay and Karder talked a bit, we entered the chapel. We sat in the back row by the door.

The service started off with a few songs, and then the message started.

"Today, I will be talking about Unconditional Love." The pastor said. I tried to listen in, and try to believe what the pastor was saying.

Sooner or later I couldn't handle it anymore. I exited the room, and sat outside. It was kinda cold but I didn't mind, and began sobbing into my hands that covered my eyes.

I sat there crying for what seemed an hour, but not too much long after, Karder came and wrapped his arms around me. He didn't say anything, brought me close, and just held me there.

"Kard— I mean Flynn. I can't! I just can't handle it. I tried. I tried, I just can't!"

He calmly shushed me and repeated "it's okay" a few times. I cried harder. He lifted me up from my fetal position and placed me in his car.

"Ayrika, I understand. You don't have to come back. I understand it's a hard topic for you, and I don't know why Pastor decided to talk on that today. Maybe he felt lead to because you were there. God does know your heart. He does talk to people. He does love you no matter who you are."

That's when I heard it. It was the most soothing voice with the most sweetest tone. It said: "Ayrika, do not fear, for I am with you always, and I will never leave for I love you more than any words or thoughts."

I stopped crying. I instantly felt like arms were around me. No, these weren't any human hands. Not physical either. It was like. . . God hugged me. Was he the one who talked to me?

We drove home. All I could think of was the words "I will never leave you." They rung in my head as we drove down the road, not a word said, only thoughts and silence.