TRAPPED

"This tastes so good! Babe, this has to be the best sushi I've ever had!!" Haein exclaimed happily as he took another bite of the sushi. After a few days, Haein finally got some time to have lunch with Jisoo. If this shit wasn't going around, Jisoo would've probably been the happiest person alive. Seeing him made her day brighter. She automatically smiled when he smiled. But… those feelings, those butterflies she got every time she was with him, were gone. She wasn't able to feel those anymore. The stress, tension and fear were the only things she had in her mind.

— — — — — — — — — — — — —

CHAPTER 10
TRAPPED

"Chu?"

"Hey Chu? Are you listening??" Jisoo snapped back to reality as she saw Haein looking at her, a bit worriedly.

"Yeah, I know right! The sushi here tastes good." She said, with a fake smile, so fake but it looked so real. I should've auditioned to become an actress. She thought.

"Umm.. yes. But that was not the thing I was talking about." He said, a bit awkwardly.

"Oh! Is that so? I'm sorry, I've been feeling a little tired nowadays." She apologized, earning a little 'Oh' from the man. "So, what were you saying?"

"Nothing, I've been wondering how you are doing these days. I feel so guilty for not being able to be with yo-"

"Hey! Don't feel guilty. It's your job. It's important. Don't worry, I've been doing fine. The stuff from school keeps me engaged." She said, this time, with a genuine reassuring smile.

"Yeah." He said, with a sad smile. It really hurt her to see him like that. Maybe we should do something fun together.

"Hey, babe! Th-"

The sound of his phone ringing cut her off. Both of their eyes at the phone. Disappointment clear in their faces.

"I'm so sorry babe, it's-"

"It's okay. Take the call. Bet it's important."

"Okay. Sorry again."

A few minutes later, Haein came back but soon went back to work, saying that something important came up. He probably apologized like a hundred times. Even though Jisoo kept telling him that it was fine, he knew that she was lying.

Sigh. I hate this. Why god why? Why me? Urghhhhh

[A/N: This is the conversation between Hye Yoon and Jisoo]

"Hello, I'm Jisoo, Kim Jisoo. Who's this?"

"Hi Ji!!! It's me Hye Yoon! Do you remember me?"

"HYE YOON??"

"YEAHH!!!!"

"OMG It's been so long!! Yoonie!! How have you been? Where are you now? God I miss you!" Jisoo exclaimed happily. Forgetting about the news report for a moment.

"I miss you too girl!! By the way, tomorrow's Sunday, are you free? I heard there's this new café which opened nearby an-"

"Yess! I'm free!! Let's meet up!"

"Okay, let's do that. 1 p.m. Tomorrow. At the Amore cafe. Deal?"

"Deal!"

Jisoo and Hye Yoon met after years. It was really a long time. The only person who was close with Jisoo when she was younger, other than her mother, was Hye Yoon. Jisoo told her about everything and anything.

"I'm a kindergarten teacher now! What about you Yoonie?" Jisoo asked, taking a sip from her iced americano.

"Me? Well, I'm a killer!" Hye Yoon answered.

"Of man's hearts? Obviously!" Jisoo laughed, "gosh Hye Yoon you're still funny af! But I won't be surprised if that's true. I mean look at you, you became even more beautiful and I be-"

"I killed your father." Hye Yoon said, cutting her off, while taking a sip from her latte.
"What do you mean?" Jisoo turned serious. This wasn't funny.

"Should we go talk somewhere else?" She offered.

"Yes." Hye Yoon replied.

Jisoo picked up her coffee and paid the bill, she went to the parking lot, as fast as she could, while Hye Yoon was following her, asking her to slow down.

"By 'Should we go talk somewhere else?' you meant your car? Gosh I'm disappointed Ji." Hye Yoon whined as she looked around the car. "Hey, wait, which model is this?"

"What did you mean by that?"

"By what?" Hye Yoon asked, innocently.

"By that 'I killed your father'. That ain't funny at all Yoon."

"Well, I meant that. I mean, it was obviously NOT YOU who stabbed him multiple times. It wasn't you who dumped him far away from that house. And it was definitely not you who wrote that 'CATCH ME IF YOU CAN'. Cuz, it was me!" Hye Yoon exclaimed, somewhat proudly.

"Why are you doing this Hye Yoon?" Jisoo asked, no matter how weird it sounded, Jisoo knew that there was a probability that the real murderer was actually Hye Yoon. Because just like what she said, Jisoo was definitely not the one doing those crazy acts.

"Well, to make my mom proud of me!" She exclaimed like a happy child.

"What?" Jisoo was confused.

"Well, you know, my mother told me that she hated the sight of me. And that she would come back to me when she sees me on the TV for doing something recognisable. So, that's why I killed him." Hye Yoon explained.

"To be honest, I saw you there, hitting uncle with the vase and then running away. I thought of chasing you but I saw that uncle was still alive, so I finished the task for you."

"I-"

"When I saw the case on the TV, I was beyond happy. Finally my mom will come back to me. But these stupid investigators weren't able to find shit and closed this case. I worked so hard, and finally after 3 years, I was able to get this case open again."

"If you really wanted to do this you could've just surrendered yourself! Why all this drama?" Jisoo yelled, unable to hold any of this back.

"Surrendering ain't fun you know. The more twists this case has, the more people will know about it and the more recognition I'll get after I get caught!"

"You're crazy."

"I know!" Hye Yoon smiled. She looked like an angel when she smiled. Too bad she's a psychopath.

"Why did you call me? What do you want from me?"

"Well, you know sweetie." Hye Yoon said, dropping the smile. Shivers ran down Jisoo's spine as she saw Hye Yoon change her expression-less face to serious. It was scary.

"Your boyfriend is one of the investigators and I would love it if you could tell me about his next moves. You see, I need to know what he's going to do so that I can prepare myself. I want this to be the biggest case in history." She continued.

Jisoo gulped. The woman in front of her, who was once her friend, has gone completely crazy.

"So, you wanna help?"

"Or maybe this?"" She said, pulling out a pen knife from her bag. She slowly brought the knife closer to Jisoo and a few moments later, the knife was scratching her neck. The red liquid flowing out of the little scratch Hye Yoon gave.

"Ummm… Hye Yoon, I do-don't think I'll be able to h-help you with that." Jisoo answered her, stuttering.

"Too bad sweetie" Hye Yoon said, sighing.

"Wasn't asking."

Fck this. I'm trapped.

— — — — — — — — — — — — —

[A/N: Woah! A big chapter! Thanks for reading guys! I love y'all ( ˘ ³˘)♥]