ANYTHING ELSE?

"Any witness?"

"None sir. There are no cameras in this area and the civilization is far away. The murderer is definitely smart as this murder is something which would probably take weeks or maybe months of planning." Minkyu said as he watched Haein investigating the blood stains on the deserted road where the woman was killed. That was gruesome. The killer was NOT a person and he was sure of that. Maybe he needs to search in hell cuz that bastard is definitely a monster.

"And the vehicle?"

"We are still in the process of finding it sir." The junior replied.

"About the victim?" Haein asked as he stood up. The officers had already clicked pictures of the place, and searched for any evidence but found none. So, now they were on their way back because night was coming. Haein and Minkyu were the only ones left.

"Insub sunbae and Seong Jo sunbae are in the process of finding more information. We should get back to the office now." Minkyu answered.

"What about the autopsy results?"

"Eugene sunbae has it." He answered once again as both of them sat back in their car.
This was going to be long.

— — — — — — — — — — — — —

CHAPTER 15
ANYTHING ELSE?

"If there were no witness and there was no one in the scene when you went there, so who informed you about the murder?" Insub asked, a little frustrated.

The anonymous case shit was not making any progress even when they now had the murder weapon. They felt like they were back at square one and it made everyone even more annoyed. Insub thought that nothing could go worse but he was again proved wrong.

Seong Jo unlocked his phone and played a phone recording after listening to Insub's question.

"Hello, is this the police station?"

"Yes it is. How can we help you?"

"I want to report a murder."

"M-Murder?"

"Yes. Of a woman. She looks like she is probably 25 years old? I found her dead here on this road near the xxxx area."

"Thank you, we will look into it. Can you tell about yourself and how you found out about the b-"

"That's it. The caller cut the phone after that. The officer tried to call again but the phone was switched off. We even tried to track the phone but couldn't do it. It's as if the call was just our hallucination. The caller was probably using a voice changer as the voice sounded robotic." Seong Jo explained.

"Wow! So we don't even know that the murderer is a male or a female? Great!" Insub said sarcastically, annoyance evident in his voice.

"Info about the victim?" Haein asked. It was all weird. His instincts were telling him that this all was probably related to the case he was previously and is still solving.

"Oh yeah, we got it. Here look at it. I'm just so damn frustrated about all this shit so please open it." Insub said as he gave a yellow coloured file to Haein.

"You guys didn't look at it?" Haein asked as he opened the file.

"Nope we didn't, we were waiting for you. You are incharge so you do the work." Seong Jo answered as he sighed.

All of them were tired and it was pretty obvious as all of them had dark circles around their eyes, no one got a proper sleep for god knows how long. When was the last time Haein slept peacefully? Even he doesn't know.