PITY

"Are you sure that there isn't any other way to just avoid this situation?" Jisoo asked as she bit her nails, saying that she was stressed would be an understatement. Girl was terrified.

"Jisoo, do you know something? You're not the only one I've called. There are a total of 7 different universes, including yours and mine. You know what happened to me, and you obviously know yours but do you know about the others? 1 ended up in jail, 1 of them committed suicide, 1 was murdered by God knows who, and 1 was just like me, she killed Haein. There is no way you will get that 'happy ending' you always wanted. Everything is messed up." Hee Jin answered.

"One in jail, two dead, two killed Haein and I am also one of them." Jisoo sighed, she was too deep into this to go back, seeing the 5 other Jisoo's she knew what was going to happen to her.

Wait a second?

Five?

Shouldn't it be six?

Hee Jin said there are 7 universes. If she told her about four of them and including Hee Jin's world and hers, it is six.

What about the last seventh world?

"Hee Jin, you left one."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"You said there are seven. You told me about four, you are the fifth. I am the sixth so what about the seventh?" Jisoo asked. Maybe, maybe there's hope left.

"Oh, that bitch. Yeah, she's the only one who's living happily out there. She has two children, and she's been married to Haein for like two years now." Hee Jin replied, her voice filled with jealousy.

"Really? What did she do? How did she escape? How?" Jisoo asked, getting a little relief that probably there's going to be a way she wil-

"Hey hey miss, don't celebrate this early."

"What-"

"You see, her father was not an abuser. He was a good man, he loved his wife and daughter. That's why he was not dead. Come on like that Jisoo told me that she usually takes her children to him because they love him. She's one lucky bitch."

Broken, that's what Jisoo felt. Why? Why that Jisoo?

"Why was I not the one living that life?"

"We all have said this." Hee Jin sighed.

"Hey Jisoo?"

"Hmm?"

"After this, you're all on your own. This is going to be our last call. I hope," she heard Hee Jin sigh, "I hope you find a way. You can do this. Please take care."

— — — — — — — — — — — — —

CHAPTER 19
PITY

The door opened and there he was, the man Jisoo loved, looking so tired. Jisoo ran to him, questions running in her mind but the worry she had for Haein won over her curiosity.

"Are you okay? Where have you been? I-" Jisoo stopped as she saw Haein signaling her to keep quiet, and took some papers in his hands as he walked inside his house. He visibly flinched when Jisoo touched him, and her heart dropped by that little act of him.

That's why. That's why I didn't want to tell you. You're treating me differently because of that. She thought as her eyes became glassy because of the tears but still followed him in the house.

Haein sat on his sofa but before he could ask Jisoo about it, she went to the kitchen, and started making something. Haein didn't care about it and looked at her back. How he controlled the urge to give her a back hug, only he knew. He just wanted to crawl in her arms and hug her tightly and never leave.

"Why didn't you pick up my calls?" Jisoo asked him, sitting across and putting a cup of tea in front of him, "Do you know how worried I was?"

Haein drank the tea in one gulp, not caring about how the hot tea burnt his tongue. He gave her the papers and said just one word. Explain. His voice and his gaze so cold Jisoo knew that this man was Haein, but not hers.

She saw the papers. Her birth certificate. A single tear escaped her eyes as she harshly wiped it.

"What do you mean by 'explain' now that you know everything?" She asked. Her tone was completely different, as if she was another person, which didn't go unnoticed by Haein but he chose to ignore it.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked back, looking into her eyes.

"What was I supposed to tell you? That 'Hi! I'm Kim Jisoo. When we first met, I was about to jump off the bridge because I saw my father killing my mother and I couldn't do anything and I- I stabbed him with a knife to save myself. And I lived for 3 years thinking that I killed him and then the murderer my boyfriend is looking for is me! Wow!" She said sarcastically as she stood up, Haein also unconsciously stood up with her.

"And wait!!" She shouted, again with a sarcastic tone. She kept on telling her story and the tears were uncontrollably kept falling, and that was not even her main concern. She kept walking back and forth, "You know what the best part is? One day I get a call from my childhood friend and I feel happy after days because I thought she would help me because she knew everything about me but hey! She tells me that SHE was the one who killed my father and then keeps on threatening me to help her. You know what? I WAS THE ONE. I was the one who kept that knife there. Because she threatened me and even killed a student that day in front of me. I was so scared." She fell on the floor, as she kept weeping, wiping her eyes with her sleeves.

Haein took a step towards her when she again started speaking. "I was just so scared so I did everything she asked me to do. But then the stress was too overwhelming for me that one day, I didn't skip a once in a lifetime opportunity I got and successfully killed her." She looked at Haein as she said her last line.

"You know how good it felt when I killed her? I thought that everything would be over now. I thought that everything would be just like it used to be. You don't know how many times I wished that this was all a dream and that I would soon wake up with you hugging me and telling me that it was okay because it was just a nightmare but it was not." She stood up and walked towards the kitchen, her voice was weak as she said those last lines. Haein froze as he didn't know what to do. He looked at Jisoo who was drinking water and put the glass in the sink as she faced him.

"Haein, don't."

"Don't what?"

"The way you look at me, it changed. You used to look at me with love in your eyes. Now it's just as if you're looking at a pitiful person. Don't look at me like that. It disgusts me."

"I-"

"No need to say anything. The last thing I need is your pity. Let's break up. Go report me. We can't be like what we used to. I'm not only the daughter of a murderer but I myself am a murderer."

"Look, babe, we CAN fix this. We can go ba-"

"No! We can't", She said. "It's too late. I've already ruined everything, no matter what, we will never be able to go back." She started sobbing again. Haein, who hated to see her cry, took a step towards her to comfort her when she yelled at him. "DON'T MOVE!" Not taking her warning seriously, he took another step. And another, and another. She kept shouting, telling him to stay away until he came close to her. "Please, I'm begging you. Stay away." She kept crying, and he finally hugged her. Haein was a little surprised that she hugged him back. But still, her little move made him think that they will be able to overcome this together.

Until he suddenly felt dizzy. Everything became blurry. That's when he realized that the tea she gave him probably was the reason behind this.

I can't believe it.

Jisoo, why did you do this to me?

— — — — — — — — — — — — —

[A/N: Woah! The second last chapter! Tell me if you guys liked it or not. Thanks for reading! I love you guys (⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠³⁠˘⁠)]