HELLO ME

[Warning : Long Chapter. Story switches between present and past multiple times.]

— — — — — — — — — — — — —

"Today, the police station got a call and it will probably solve the whole 'Anonymous Case' if the words said by the caller are true. This is the audio recording of the call received."

"Hello. Is this the police station?"

"Yes, t-"

"I have information about the 'anonymous case' which might help you."

"Who are you?"

"No need to know that. So, do you want the information or not?"

"What do you know?"

"The daughter."

"The daughter?"

"The victim of that case 'Kim Jong Soo', was actually not the victim. He killed his wife infront of her daughter and even though the daughter tried to stop him, she couldn't. Later, she stabbed him once and then ran away thinking she killed him. For 3 years, she lived thinking that she committed a murder but later got to know that it was her friend who killed and moved her father's body after she ran away. The friend later threatened the daughter saying that she will kill everyone the daughter loves if she doesn't do as she says. The daughter was the one who placed the knife near the house of the investigator. Later, the daughter had enough and killed her friend. You know the recent case where that one girl was brutally murdered with car tyre marks all over her body? Well, SHE was 'the friend' I was talking about."

"Woah wait a second. Miss, don't you think that you saw a little too many movies? Like this plot is seriously good bu-"

"I'm serious. And I am telling the truth. Believing or not believing me is up to you."

"One reason. Give me one reason why I should believe you."

"Because"

"Because?"

"Because, I am the daughter."

"After this, the call was cut. As you can hear, the caller was using a voice changer which is one of the reasons why the investigators couldn't really believe if the caller was actually a woman. If what the caller s-"

Haein shut the television off as he couldn't bear to hear the news any further. Empty bottles and cans of soju and beer surrounded him as the only source of light, the television, was turned off. The eye bags under his eyes had become darker due to the lack of sleep. His hair which used to be short and perfectly styled was now grown, covering his forehead. His beard overgrown and his skin looked more tired, making him look older than he was. He also gained a little weight, making his tummy stick out a little. The man looked miserable. And he was.

The voice of the door unlocking came followed by the sounds of the bottles moving around which was not something pleasing to hear. If this sound had come 6 months ago, he would've rushed and searched for the person who made the noise, but he has now lost all of his hope. His hope, his happiness, his everything. She went and took his everything and his heart with her.

"DUDE WHAT THE FCK!!"

— — — — — — — — — — — — —

LAST CHAPTER
HELLO ME

Haein woke up in his bed because of the sunlights which peeked through the blinds. He groaned and turned his back against the window, wanting to sleep for 5 minutes more, if he could. Realizing that he had to be present in the police station for writing a report about his sudden disappearance, he groaned again and opened his eyes, only to witness. his right hand tightly tied to the bed.