WHY?

12:15 A.M.

Jisoo looked at her phone as the alarm she set went off. This was around the time he was going to come back home. How did she know? Hee Jin told her. Though she calls her "Hee Jin" and talks to her as if she was a different person, well she was, but everytime she remembers that Hee Jin is her, just 5 years older and in a different universe, shivers run down her spine. No matter what, she still can't believe that she, not she but technically that's her, killed Haein. Never in her world she would have even imagined that. It was terrible.

— — — — — — — — — — — — —

CHAPTER 13
WHY?

Jisoo, now knowing what was about to happen, was completely prepared. She hid the knife properly so that it would be completely impossible for Haein to see it. And she hid it near, so that it would be easy for her to remove and discard it somewhere else. Just this and everything would be over, that's what she told herself.

She would tell Hye Yoon that this was the last thing she did for her. And that it was time for her to say goodbye and she won't see her ever again. She would block her, and even change her number if necessary, just to stay away from her.

She had burnt the gloves she wore and bought new ones, for when she will touch that disgusting thing again. The only thing that was left was distracting Haein.

12:30 A.M.

The door opened and Jisoo looked up. He came. Sudden nervousness hit Jisoo. What if something goes wrong? What if she ends up doing what Hee Jin did? What if-

"Babe? Why aren't you asleep? It's late?" He asked, concerned.

Jisoo stood up, not replying to him. She took his bag and kept it on the dining table. Again, not saying anything.

"Chu, is something wrong? Are you an-"

Jisoo kissed him, completely getting him off guard. It took a few moments for Haein to understand the situation and he kissed her back. Jisoo's hands went to his neck, grabbing him closer, while Haein circled his hands around her waist. They broke their kiss, both gasping for air.

"Hey, are you ok-"

Jisoo kissed him again, not letting him complete his sentence. Maybe she missed him a little too much. That's what he thought.

As she was kissing him, without giving time to catch their breath, her hands went down pulling his belt and she bit his lip and put her tongue inside his mouth. She started walking and opened the door of their bedroom. She broke the kiss, and looked at him.

Something was wrong. And he knew it.

Her eyes were full of lust, but also contained sadness and maybe, maybe a little guilt in them. She looked desperate. But not desperate for him. It was for something else, which he can't determine.

She broke his thoughts as she pushed him and sat on him as he landed on the bed.
She bent down to kiss him as she started unbuttoning his clothes.

Soon the room was filled with sounds of groans and moans and skin slapping against each other. Both of them screamed each other's names as they came.

• • • • • • • • •

3 A.M.

She woke up, not actually as she never slept. She was tired but still wasn't able to sleep. Looking at the man next to her who was slightly snoring, she carefully removed herself from his grip and wore her clothes.

Wearing a black mask, a hat and gloves, she took the knife and her car keys and went out of the house. She dumped the knife about 15 kilometres (approximately 9.3 miles) from her house, near a pond and then burnt her gloves. She made sure that there was no evidence, after that she went back to her car.

Great. Everything is over now.

She didn't notice that tears were streaming down her eyes.

Finally, everything was over. Really over.

She sighed. No more stress now. She can live freely now. Without being afraid.

She came back to her home. Removed her clothes and went back to sleep, next to the man.

She slept just a few minutes after she laid down in bed. Hearing her light snores, the man, who was awake for much time, opened his eyes and looked at the clock which was next to his bed.

3:46 A.M.

Questions kept arising in his mind as he looked at her small figure. Worry and doubt evident in his eyes.

Why did you go out? Why did you behave like that? What's wrong? Why do you keep sighing? Why do you look so tired now-a-days?

Why?

— — — — — — — — — — — — —

[A/N: Hi there guys! It's been kinda long since I've updated. I'm extremely sorry. I really lost my motivation for writing this story and I also had a writer's block. And my exams will also start really soon. I will complete this story as soon as I can. I'm sorry again. Thanks for reading. I love you guys ( ˘ ³˘)♥]