IS SHE REALLY?

Hae In looked at the picture which he found back in Hye Yoon's house. He didn't let anyone know about it. It was a photo of her, with the victim's wife and his girlfriend, Jisoo.

Currently waiting for the train which will take him to her birth place, he looked at his phone.

34 missed calls from love ❤️

13 missed calls from In sub

18 missed calls from Seong Jo

52 messages from love ❤️

23 messages from In sub

19 messages from Eugene

He sighed. Yes, he ran away from home. But what can he do? He was so shocked. He wanted to know what was between his girlfriend and the killer. And how were they related? Now that he noticed, he realized that he never knew about Jisoo that much. The only thing he knew was that she had no one. No parents, no siblings and no friends. Completely lonely in a big city.

— — — — — — — — — — — — —

CHAPTER 16
IS SHE REALLY?

He was there, standing in front of the huge, old hospital in Busan. He saw an ambulance driving away at full speed, maybe an emergency.

People going in and out of the building, some having dull expressions, some crying, some having smiles on their faces. Being honest, he never liked hospitals. The smell of medicine, the injections, sitting in those boring coloured walls doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, the faces when the doctor says "We're sorry, we tried our best but the patient is no more."

Urgh he hates it. He remembers how she ran away from the hospital. He remembers looking around for her. He remembers how she ran away from him.

"Hello, I'm Jung Hae In from the Seoul police department and I need your cooperation for my current investigation." He said, showing his ID card to the receptionist. The lady observed the ID and after a few moments, whispered a little "How can I help you?"

"I need to see the record of  birth certificates of the people born in this hospital in the year of 1995." He asked.

In a big city like Busan, how did he know where she was born? Well, it was the third day of him being in the city and he spent his whole time hacking and getting to track any information about his girlfriend which he didn't know about. After 2 days he finally succeeded and since it was late at night, he decided to unveil the truth the next day. He did inform his friend, In sub about where he was so that they won't worry.

He probably sounded so desperate because after pleading In sub to not contact him, the man along with the others did not call or even message him.

Except for Jisoo of course. The girl was dying to know why he was suddenly in Busan because In sub told her that the case was over. And add the fact that she was told that the man dropped Hae In in front of their apartment and she didn't even know about that. Something had to be wrong. She knew it. And she desperately hoped that everything would go back to normal.

"These are the files you asked for sir." After waiting for 3 hours in the hospital, The lady mentioned as Hae In took the files from her hand, examining them. The file looked old, because it was. What was he even expecting? Her birthday, as she told him, was on January 3. He hoped she didn't lie about this.

"No, not this, nope, no…" he quietly muttered as he flipped the pages.

He almost missed her name. Almost.

Name : Kim Ji Soo

Date of birth : January 3, 1995

Time of birth : 3:14 a.m.

Father's name : Kim Jong Soo

There were a few photographs of her stapled, along with the photos of her with her mother and father.

Father.

Maybe he hates hospitals a little more now.

— — — — — — — — — — — — —

Preview for the next chapter :

"Hey hey miss! Yes you!! What do you think you are doing there?"

"Miss angel really looks like an angel but she would have became an ACTUAL angel if I was not there to stop her."

"WTF??? Are you superman or something??"

— — — — — — — — — — — — —

[A/N: Hello guyss!!! After a long time! Well, this chapter was quite boring I know. But the next chapters are going to be good (I guess lol). Also, let me know if you like this preview thing and if I should write previews in the upcoming chapters too.
SPOILER ALERT!!
The next chapter (and maybe the next next one too) is going to be flashback of when both of them first met. And also one thing! I will also end this story soon. Okay bye!! Thanks for reading. I love you guys (⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠³⁠˘⁠)]