« 01 »

does anyone have those experiences in which something out of the blue randomly just happens to you and whenever you try to tell somebody about it, it just seems that you just made it all out on your head?

getting randomly slapped my some random stranger isn't really something taehyun expected to happen to himself.

~ 45 minutes earlier ~

"yes, yes hyung, i'll be there." taehyun sighed in defeat, knowing that his friend will not stop annoying him if he didn't agree.

a social gathering or... something? he doesn't care, as long as it's something that involves socializing with other people, taehyun will hate it; he hates socializing - or just people in general.

in such a young age, he had already learned to not trust anyone but himself - completely shutting everyone out of his life. living independently, even if it means the feeling of loneliness won't leave him alone.

a coward, that's all he is. and he's alright with that.

"well then, be here in 30 minutes, alright?" his hyung said in the other line, his voice was full of enthusiasm as he managed to, very much, 'not' force taehyun out of his home. touch some grass was always the phrase his hyung always says. (or just eat it if touching it isn't enough)

taehyun just responded with a small hum and ended the call. he placed his phone by the nightstand and layed down his bed, both his hands were covering his face as he groans in frustrations. he stayed like that for a few moments before deciding to stand up and get ready. putting a casual outfit, and leaving the house.

the distance between his house and the cafe - that hyung told him to come to - seems like a fifteen minute walk.

taehyun plugged his headphones in and just decided to listen to music as he walked. turning the volume up so he wouldn't hear the noises of the outside world. the noises were always unbearable for him.

'photograph by ed sheeran.'

cliche. yea, he's aware of it.

he didn't care nonetheless. if it manages to block his mind out of reality, then it's already good enough for him.

for the rest of the walk, taehyun hummed the songs that played in his headphones. not caring about a single person he comes across with.

~

he was fifteen minutes early, so he just decided to walk towards the library that was infront of the cafe, deciding to just pass time there.

he carefully walked by each bookshelf, looking for a book he'll read just to pass the time. he stopped looking as a certain book caught his attention. 'romeo and juliet' - the classic tragic love story.

as he was about to reach it, another person's hand also reached in for the book. he turned towards his hand and saw a boy with dirty blonde hair, probably around the same age as him, looking at him.

the boy had an unreadable expression in his face, with a light blush dusting his cheeks.

taehyun looked at the book that was in between both of their hands, before looking back at the boy once more, "oh, you can have it, i don't really need-"

he was cut off his sentence as he suddenly felt a painful impact on his cheek.

taehyun touched the part of his face that felt like it was slightly burning because of the impact, realizing the boy just slapped him randomly out of the blue.

excuse me? how rude.