« 37 »

~ 18:21 / home ~

eunseo walks towards the front door, from which she heard a knock. and immediately, she was greeted by her nephew, standing on the porch, completely wet and was shivering. “oh my, you're soaking wet! where were you?!” eunseo exclaimed.

she pulled taehyun inside and closed the door, quickly grabs a towel, drying taehyun. she hears small sniffles and broken sobs coming from her nephew. she wraps the towel around taehyun, and hugging him after. “did something happened, dear?”

taehyun could only shakes his head and clung onto his aunt. which was really surprising for eunseo; since taehyun didn't like physical contact — usually taehyun would try to push her away whenever she tries to hug him. but now, seeing her nephew hugging her, sobbing in her arms. she just sighs and hug taehyun, comforting the boy in her arms.

the situation only cause eunseo to think...

would he still be here if i was good to him? would he still be here if i was a good mother..?

i'm sorry i wasn't a good mother.

just by being taehyun's side, being his guardian, felt uneasy for eunseo. how come she's taking care of some boy that her sister left her with? how come she found it hard to do that to her own son? why didn't she do the things she does for taehyun to her son?

years had passed and until now eunseo couldn't forgive herself.

“i-i'm here for you... alright?” eunseo whispers to taehyun, rubbing the boy's back to soothe him.

i wish i was there for you...

eunseo gently pulls away and wipes her nephew's tears, “go dry yourself and change, you might get sick!” she smiles.

taehyun nodded and ran upstairs.

eunseo walked towards the couch and sat. looking down in such shame.

i'm sorry i wasn't a mother to you.

~ 22:30 / taehyun's room ~

taehyun sits on his bed, looking on his phone. reading the messages that yeonjun spammed.

old man 🧓

; beomgyu said thank you for the canelés
; he's kinda sad that you're not here 17:32

; *photo attached*
; SHEEEEEEEESH
; SOOBIN HAS ARRIVED!!!! 17:40

; soobin just slapped me! >:(
; he's just mad he lost at uno 17:57

; gyu has been annoying me about you
; are you not gonna text him?
; i told him you had something urgent to deal with 18:02

; *photo attached*
; we're going homeeeee!!!!!
; gyu was sad that he's alone again
; he's expecting you to call him
; >:( 18:12

; btw his mom is really nice 18:15

; i like his mom 18:22

expecting him to call..?

no, no... just give him some time.

taehyun sighs and was about to close his phone, but it suddenly started ringing. taehyun stares at the id;

gyu♡ is calling...

he closes his eyes and answers...

“yah! where were you?” he hears his lover's voice from the other line, “i was kind of expecting you...”

taehyun wipes the tears in his eyes, gripping on the sheets as he restrained himself from breaking down, “h-how... how are you..? are you d-doing alright?”

“yeah... i'm alright...” he could hear the sudden change of beomgyu's voice. which let him think; he wished the two of them could be more honest with their feelings. “you sure?” he asks, only getting a small ‘hm’ as a response.

“how about you..? are you alright?”

no. i'm not.

“yea... i'm alright as well.”

the two was in silent. not really knowing how to talk to each other. feeling as if the awkward barrier they had felt when they first met suddenly starts showing itself back to them even more recently.

“i-i... i'm sorry...” taehyun quickly covered his mouth with his hand as he unintentionally lets out a sob. shutting his eyes even more tightly as if it will help him to stop crying.

“it's alright.”

once again, the two stayed in silent. taehyun listens to the small sniffles that he could barely hear, coming from the other line.

“c-can i... tell you something?”

“sure, what is it?”

“i want us to spend a lifetime together...”

“i want that as well.”

~ • ~ • ~

stay safe, fellow filipinos<33
specially to those who are heavily affected by the storm :(