« 20 »

~ 19:04 ~

before the two decided to end their day together, beomgyu insisted that they should drop by his parent's bakery.

"ah, beomgyu! it's nice to see you, my sweetheart."

taehyun hears a woman's voice. he looks towards the voice and finds beomgyu hugging - who taehyun assumed - his mother.

"oh, you brought a friend today!"

"hello, ma'am, my name is kang taehyun."

the woman just smiles at him. and he was certain that the woman was in fact beomgyu's mother, they look a lot like each other. "you two head inside, i'm just closing."

beomgyu nodded and held taehyun's hand, dragging him inside their house. the two sat on the living room, in complete silence. they've been along together in silence for countless of times, and yet again, taehyun felt awkward and restless with the silence in the air. he's gonna get introduced to his parents, maybe that's why. worst case scenario was he'd probably get slapped by beomgyu's mother as well.

"so, have you two ate already?"

the two boys looked at the same direction, and finds beomgyu's mother walking towards them with a pleasant smile as she sat beside beomgyu. "i got surprised when gyu suddenly dropped by, specially since it's a school day."

"we went on a date!"

taehyun felt as if he forgot how to breathe. he'd be honest if he says that beomgyu's mother had intimidated him, despite her calm and very pleasant presence. and beomgyu suddenly blurting out to her that they just went on a date made him a bit nervous with out any reason. he felt embarrassed as he feels his cheeks turning pink.

"oh, is that so?" beomgyu's mother chuckled, ruffling his son's hair, "i'm surprised my gyu is able to find someone to date!"

"what does that supposed to mean mom?!" beomgyu asked in embarrassment, clearly very embarrassed from his mother's comment.

beomgyu's mother laughs at her son's embarrassment. she turns to taehyun with a 'sad look' on her face, "i'm so sorry you have to take care of this child, sending my condolences."

"thank you, ma'am..." taehyun responded, missing his peaceful late night overthinking sessions without beomgyu blowing up his phone with his rants about why yeonjun looks like a scarecrow.

"hey! don't agree with her!" beomgyu exclaimed, turning to taehyun and pinching his cheek. causing taehyun to groan in pain.

"beomgyu, dear, there is a small little box that your father placed in your room!" beomgyu's mothers says, getting the 'immature child's' attention, "could you get it and bring it here?"

beomgyu nodded and excused himself, leaving taehyun and his mother alone in the room. his mother seems to be a nice woman, yet taehyun still couldn't help but feel nervous.

"so... taehyun" beomgyu's mother called, "how long have you and my son been... a thing?"

"oh um, i liked him for quite sometime and then... i just asked him out randomly." taehyun responded, trying to hide his nervousness, "well, ma'am-"

"aw just call me aunt beomhee! getting called 'ma'am' makes me feel old!" (i've spent sixteen minutes of my life staring at the wall, trying to think of a good name, and the best one i could think of was 'that')

taehyun nodded, "aunt beomhee..." he whispers under his breath.

"you know... at first, i didn't really liked the idea of gyu being in a relationship with someone..." beomhee sighs, looking down, her smile was slowly fading. taehyun looks around the room before responding, "so you don't... um, oppose?"

"oh! no, no, no! i don't mean it like that-" beomhee shakes her head, looking at taehyun with a calm smile, "as long as it makes my gyu happy, then i have nothing to worry about."

taehyun nodded, returning a small smile at her. with all of a sudden, the two hears a loud thud. beomhee sighs and stood up from her seat, and was followed by taehyun. the two went towards where they heard the sound.

and which they find beomgyu, laying on the floor, unconscious.

just by the sight, sparks panic into taehyun's mind, unable to think right. he quickly rushes towards beomgyu's body, holding his head up. he looks on his hands, and finds blood staining them.

he looks on his side and finds beomhee, staring on her son's unconscious figure. her expression was unreadable, she had tears on her eyes, her hands were shaking.

"a-aunty! ca-call for help!"

~ • ~ • ~

note to self;
never write when half asleep and is high on coffee