« 47 »

• eleven years ago •

“no, please don't leave me alone! i don't wanna be alone!” the little boy cried as he gripped tightly on his mother's shirt. his mother could only stare at him with such pity.

she took a deep breath. she kneeled down infront of her crying son, wiping away his tears.

“i'm not going to leave you...”
that is a lie.

“mommy isn't going anywhere.”
don't believe her.

“please... d-don't leave... d-don't sa-say thing like t-this...” the little boy sniffled, unable to stop himself from crying, “this is what d-daddy also told me—”

“I SAID I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE YOU BRAT!” his mother screamed. the little boy cried harder — not because of how tightly his mother was gripping on him, but it's because of how his mother screamed at him, “HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY TO YOU? DO NOT COMPARE ME WITH THAT BASTARD YOU CALL FATHER!”

...

...

...

it's all your fault...

...

...

this is why she left...

...

...

...

his mother tightly closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath. as she opened her eyes once more, she felt a hint of annoyance as she sees the look of her son's face.

“oh, honey... mommy's sorry...”

she said as she hugged her son, “it's just that— mommy is stressed and she can't think straight with all this crying and screaming coming from you.”

yea... it had always been my fault...

“please forgive me... you know how mommy loves you...”

the little boy was unable to response. this kind of emotion was something a child his age can't handle. is it sadness? fear? anger..? emotions are quiet confusing, specially for someone this young.

“it's late, get some sleep...” she said, standing up. her son unable to react, he just stood there; not making a sound.

she places a kiss on the top of his head, and with a sweet voice, she whispered, “good night, my sweet taehyun.”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“i'm leaving that brat to you, don't even bother looking for me.”

wh-what? come back here you crazy bitch!” eunseo screamed.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

✧ one year later ✧

“sweetie..? why aren't you eating?”

eunseo worriedly asked. it had been like this for the past year. and whenever she'd asked the little boy, she was not met a single answer. all he could do was stare on his plate of food in silence, too lost in his thoughts...

‘when is mom going to comeback?’

repeatedly...

‘i miss mom... why did she leave me...’

the boy snapped away from his thoughts as he felt himself being buried into an embrace.

“i'm sorry you're going through this at such a young age...” eunseo whispered, placing a gentle kiss on his forehead, “...you're just a child...”

silence...

...

...

...

...

“from now on, aunty will be by your side, okay?”

...

“...okay... aunty...”

✧ present day ✧

“taehyun? are you still there?”

taehyun snapped back from reality. once again, he was greeted by the messy dorm. he shakes his head with a sigh, trying to clear his mind.

soobin chuckled at the sight, “you seem tired, go home and get some rest. it had been a long day for you.”

taehyun could only nod, not being able to find words he could say.

“oh, and... gyu wanted to give you this.”