« 21 »

~ 23:03 / hospital ~

taehyun sat by the stool right next to the bed, watching beomgyu closely — who was fiddling with his fingers, unable to look at taehyun. “why didn't you tell me you weren't feeling alright?”

beomgyu looked turns at taehyun, “i was feeling alright, and then i got dizzy and then i fell.”

taehyun sighs, he stood up and sat on the bed, hugging beomgyu, “you have no idea how scared i was.”

beomgyu just smiles a little as he hugged taehyun back, “it's getting late... shouldn't you get home now?”

“i already called my aunt, she'll be here in a while...” taehyun says as he buries his face on beomgyu's neck, “but for now... let's just stay like this.”

~

a few minutes went by and beomgyu had already went to sleep. taehyun caresses his face, brushing away the hair that covered. his hands slowly travel on beomgyu's fluffy hair. he was sadden each time he looked at the bandage that was wrapped around beomgyu's head. he felt like it was his fault.

he receives a text from his aunt. he looked at the time, and sighs. he stood up from the bed. he leaned down to kiss beomgyu's forehead, whispering, “i'll get going... i'll see you tomorrow, gyu.”

and with that, he walks out of the room quietly.

as he exists the room, he looks around to find beomhee; who was found by the end of the wall with a man — who taehyun assumed is beomgyu's father. they seems to be arguing.

he took in a deep breath before slowly walking up to their direction. “aunty, i-it's getting late... i'll get going...”

beomhee groans and glares at the man in front of her, before turning to taehyun with a smile, “see you tomorrow, then, take care!”

beomhee hugs taehyun for a bit, taehyun sighs and returns the hug, “you too, aunty.”

taehyun pulls away and waves to her goodbye. he walks away, wanting to leave since the moment he called beomhee, he felt the man glaring daggers at him.

~

the car ride home was silent.

taehyun said in front of the car whilst his aunt was driving. he looked at the window, wanting to avoid the questions that he felt like would be thrown at him.

“are you gonna say anything?” he hears his aunt says. taehyun just shakes his head, not wanting to talk about anything, making his aunt sigh, “usually i'd be mad since it's late... but i'll let it slide.”

i'm scared.”

his aunt glances at taehyun, and was taken aback by the sudden expression by taehyun. taehyun gripped on the sleeves of his hoodie, trying to help himself from crying. his aunt just sighs, unable to form words. she reaches for taehyun's hand and held it, gently squeezing it for reassurance.

taehyun just looked at the window, hoping it's distract him from what he was feeling.

the fear that he felt ten years ago was coming back. it makes him want to just stay in his room and hide away once again.