« 40 »

~ thursday, 01:05 / hospital, hallway ~

“i'm thankful you were the one with him, taehyun.” beomhee says to him with a smile as she walks out beomgyu's room. she then proceeds to sit next to taehyun, taking his hand, “i don't know what i would've done if you weren't there...”

she wipes away here tears right before they fall, not wanting to let taehyun see her cry. “i'm tired... i have not slept for days...” beomhee groans, looking down on the floor, “but i want to be strong for gyu, i don't want him to worry about me.”

“you should rest, aunty.” taehyun responded, “gyu might end up worrying if he sees you like this.”

“it can't be helped...” beomhee sighs in exhaustion. she closed her eyes for a few seconds before standing up, “i have to go talk to the doctor about gyu, please keep him company.”

taehyun only nodded and watched her as she walked away. he took a deep breath and walked towards infront of beomgyu's door. as he was he about to open the door, he sees beomgyu sitting on the bed, hugging his knees to his chest; looking through the window next to his bed. taehyun once again took a breath before finally opening the door.

he silently walked towards the bed, and sit besides his lover. the two stayed liked that in silence in such a long time.

“d-do you remember... what happened..?” said beomgyu, not looking at taehyun, with a low voice, barely enough for taehyun to hear. taehyun answered, “yea... w-we got into a disagreement, and you collapsed.”

“no, not that...” beomgyu sighed, “did a man named gyoon introduced himself to you?” (i'm bad with names lmao)

beomgyu looked towards taehyun with an annoyed look, making taehyun to shiver. “yea... i-is there something i should know?”

“no, no, don't worry about it.” beomgyu responded. he moves a little closer to taehyun, and leans on his shoulder. taehyun smiles a little and wrapped his arm around beomgyu.

~ one hour earlier ~

“don't worry too much, the doctor said he would be fine.” taehyun says to the phone. he walks towards the vending machine by the cafeteria in the first floor to get strawberry milk for beomgyu, in case his lover wanted some.

“they've been saying that since me and gyu were in high school, but he never did!” he hears soobin exclaimed in the other line, startled from the volume the older used, “s-sorry, sorry for shouting.”

“it's alright...” taehyun answered, he picks up the strawberry milk, “what do you mean by since highschool?”

“ah, right...” he could hear soobin slapping himself from the other line, “back in highschool gyu would often go back and forth to the hospital, almost to the point his parents— no, um, aunt beomhee decided it was best for him to just be homeschooled.”

“was it that bad?”

“yea... not to mention his dad— ah, fuck i talked to much!”

taehyun rolls his eyes. now that soobin had said it, beomgyu never once mentioned anything about his father, or just plainly refused to talk about him. same goes for beomhee.

he hears soobin groan, “listen, don't tell gyu i said anything about his dad, alright?”

“sure, sure, i'm guessing... he has a bad relationship with him?” taehyun asked. “damn, you're a genius!”

“was that an insult?” taehyun said in an annoyed tone. he went to the elevator and pressed the floor where beomgyu is.

“it depends on how you'll take it.” soobin laughs, only making taehyun sigh in annoyance.

“his dad is a bitch.” “oh.”

“yea, no shit!” soobin laughs once more. taehyun held his laugh as he heard soobin groan in pain as he accidentally dropped his phone on his face. “are you okay?” taehyun questioned, still holding his laugh. “that hurt!” soobin answered.

“listen, i still have something to do, tell me if something happens to gyu.”

“alright, bye —”

soobin ended the call before taehyun could finish what he was saying. taehyun turned his phone off.

as he turned to the hallway he once again, finds the man in a suit, the guy whom he always find arguing with beomhee about something; standing infront of the door of beomgyu's room.

taehyun straightens himself and walked towards the room, trying his best to ignore the glares that the man was sending him. as he was about to open the door, he hears the man speak;

“you're quite pitiful.”

~ • ~ • ~

ten more chapters left! :D

also sorry for the disappearing suddenly, school kept me busy... makes me want to drown myself in bleach