c h a p t e r 17

Jisung's POV

When we got back home, I went inside and started to head up to my room. When I was walking to my room, I saw Hyunjin walking in the hallway.

"Hey." He said. "Hey." I said. "How was it?" He said as he started to walk in his room. "Not bad, I knocked over a flower pot though on accident..." I chuckled a bit. "Klutz." He said as he rolled his eyes smirking a bit.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." I shook my head smiling. "I'm gonna sneak out...can you cover for me?" I nodded. "Yeah, just don't be out too late, we almost got caught last time." He nodded. "Thanks."

I nodded then walked out his room and went into mine.

Hyunjin POV

I went outside on my balcony and did what I usually did when I would sneak out when I was younger.

I went through the hole, then started to head deeper into the woods until I reached the little creak. I saw some flowers that had bloomed by the creak then I smiled and picked them up and held them in my hand.

"I hope you're resting well Y/n..." I smiled to myself as I let the flowers go along the water. I sat back and admired how pretty it was outside. It felt so great getting fresh air here, rather then being inside or with a mask on to not be recognized.

As I was sitting by the creak, I saw a girl start walking on the opposite side to where I was. 'Oh shoot!' I said as I quickly stood up and went to hide behind a tree.

Yang Y/n's POV

I felt bad for the kid who dropped the pot. He looked really sad, but I reassured him that it was okay.

After my shift had ended, I went on the bus then went back home. When I got off, I went inside the house that still seemed empty.

'Huh, I guess they're still working.' I said as I went to go place my bags down. I went to go grab an apple before I got out a pen and paper, and wrote a note.

Note:

Hey! I'm at the creak :)
-Y/n

I placed the note in the table, then went out the back door to the creak.

As I was walking there, I started to eat my apple. 'I wonder how come Hansol didn't tell me anything about what supposedly happened to those poor people in the castle.' I thought as I finally reached the creak.

I sat by the water and smiled at it. "So refreshing..." I said to myself.

I was admiring the water when I heard a branch snap. I quickly stood up and looked around. "Hello?" I said. I heard another branch snap then I picked up a rock that was by the water. "Come out!" I yelled.

Hyunjin's POV

I hid behind the tree, but I had to chose the tree that had so many tree limbs by it.

I saw the girl sit by the creak admiring the water. I had never seen her before, I was scared she might recognize me.

As I was about to turn around to walk away, I snapped a tree branch on accident. 'Dammit!' I thought to myself.

"Hello?" I heard her say. I stayed quiet behind the tree trying to not break anymore branches, but to my luck, I did.

"Come out!" I heard her yell. "Oh shoot..." I mumbled to myself. I came out from the tree and looked at her.

Yang Y/n's POV

I saw a frightened appear from behind the tree. "AH!" I yelled as I threw the rock barely missing him. "AH! WOAH! CHILL!" He said as he hid behind the tree again.

"WHO ARE YOU?!" I yelled scared and confused as I picked up another rock.