c h a p t e r 50

Yang Y/n's POV

It was the next day and I was getting ready in my room when I heard a knock at the door. "Come in."

I saw Minho walk in with Chan. They both smiled and sat on my bed. "Today is the big day...we talked to the police yesterday when you were at the tailor and they will have silent police cruisers...if any trouble is there, they will have cops surrounding the area too." Chan said.

I nodded and looked at them. "Thanks guys." "Of course! You tell that lady who's boss!" Minho said. I nodded then got up and looked over at the dress hanging on my closet door.

  "You get dressed then we will escort you to the castle, okay?" "Okay." They walked out and I put on the dress. It was a nice purple dress and I smiled to myself as I got the crown and placed it on my head. I went out to Chan and Minho and smiled.

  "Aw, you're so pretty!" Chan smiled. "Thanks!" Minho smiled and nodded in agreement. "Okay, ima head over there in about fifteen minutes, everything is gonna go from there." I said. "You got this." They both said as I gave them a confident nod.

Hwang Hyunjin's POV

  I was getting ready with my suit already on and I was looking out the window towards the creek. Today was the day that Y/n was going to show up and she was going to confront my mom with everything she did.

I heard a knock on my door and saw my mom walk in. "My dear Hyunjin, are you ready for the dance?" "Yes, I am...are you ready?" "Obviously I am, it's all going to go swiftly." "Oh yes it is..." I mumbled as I smirked a bit then walked past her and out the room.

I made my way down the stairs and met my dad and brother. "Ready?" My dad asked. "More than ready." I said. Jisung nodded and smirked then we all looked towards our mom. "Okay, let's go into the ballroom."

We made our way inside and waited for everyone to show up. Fifteen minutes later, everyone came and the music started to play as people were walking and dancing everywhere.

I stood at the top of the stage and waited for Y/n to walk in. I made my way over to the announcer and gave him a piece of paper. "Please read this once a girl in a purple dress walks in." They nodded and took the paper.

Yang Y/n's POV

I said goodbye to Chan and Minho once it was about fifteen minutes later, then made my way over to the castle.

I reached the front doors and took a deep breath in then out. 'It's time...' I thought to myself.

I went inside and made my way to the ballroom. Once I walked in, I saw Hyunjin standing on the stage then saw him nod his head.

I looked at the announcer and nodded while smiling then looked straight. The loud music had suddenly stopped and everyone's attention panned to the stage.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Pardon this interruption, but we have a very important person in the house today." The announcer started. I saw that evil woman walk up to the stage and grab the microphone. "Oh yes, thank you for addressing my son, Hyunjin. Thank you for allowing us to be able to celebrate our king and-"

"Oh, I'm sorry ma'am, but this announcement isn't for your son..." She scoffed and looked at the announcer. "Seriously?! What is more important than my son right now?!"

The announcer looked towards me which made her look as well. "What's more important is we have the long lost princess of the Yang Kingdom here today. For those who don't know the tragic story behind this beautiful girl, her family was killed in a home invasion. This wasn't just a normal break in since she was the only one who survived...Yang Y/n, would you like to come up here and explain the rest?"

Everyone turned to look at me and there were suddenly whispers among the crowd. "Yes, gladly." I made my way up to the stage and looked at her in the eye.

  "N-No...impossible!" She yelled. I grabbed a microphone then looked at the crowd. "I am very thankful to be here where I am right now...if it weren't for my bravery running away from my captor, if it weren't for meeting my two brothers, and most importantly, if it wasn't for Hyunjin...I would not be here right now." I looked over at Hyunjin who gave me a nod.

  "As mentioned before, my parents were killed in a home invasion...killed right in front of me...I was the only one who survived but that was because I was taken away by my captor who kept me for several years before I escaped. All of this went down due to a jealous woman who you call a 'Queen'." I said as I looked at her with tears in my eyes.

  "She took away my family, my life, and everything I could ever love and ask for! She is a monster!" "NO! I'M NOT! YOU'RE MAKING THIS ALL UP! GUARDS! TAKE HER AWAY!"

  "No...it's too late for that Da-Eun...it's too late. I am not making this up. If anything, you are making a fool of yourself with the way you are acting right now."

  Just as I said that, police came in and swarmed to the stage and looked at Da-Eun. "SHE'S LYING!" "Ma'am. You're under arrest for alleged murder of the Yang family." "NO! YOU CAN'T!" The police cuffed her and looked at me. "Take her away." I said as I stared right in the eyes.

  The police took her and then I looked at the crowd. "Thank you all for listening..." I gave the microphone back to the announcer and went and hugged Hyunjin.

  "Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded and sighed, "She's gone..." "Yeah, she is..."

  As I was hugging Hyunjin, a police officer came over to me. "Miss, may I please take you, you're brothers and the Hwang's down to the station for questioning." I nodded and we all left to the station.