c h a p t e r 37

Hwang Hyunjin's POV

We walked in the hallways giving Sana a tour of the castle. It was pretty awkward and quiet since we both weren't familiar with each other.

"So...where's your bedrooms? This is such a big castle, I'm sure your rooms are big." Sana said as she looked at Jisung and I.

"They're around the corner." Jisung said as he turned the corner and pointed to his and my door. "We're next door to each other." He said as he looked back at Sana.

"That's cool." She smiled softly. "Well, how about we go into your room and all get to know each other more." She said as she looked at me.

"Yeah, sure..." I said as we made our way inside my room. Sana sat on the chair at my desk while Jisung and I sat on my bed.

"I guess I'll go first." She started, "My name is Sana Minatozaki, I love the colors purple, pink, white, black and beige but I hate wearing anything purple. I'm from Japan and that's pretty much it." She smiled.

"One of you can go." I sat there in a daze then looked at her before looking away. "I'll go since my brother is being stubborn." Jisung said which made me glare at him.

"I'm Jisung Hwang, I love the color red and I love chocolate cake and cheesecake." He smiled. "Tsch, childish..." I scoffed as I looked out the window.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Sana frown a bit. "Not at all Jisung!" Jisung nodded then smiled, "Don't worry, I'm used to his sarcasm."

"Oh, okay well you're next Hyunjin." I sighed then looked at her. "I'm Hyunjin Hwang, I like the colors black and white and I like to draw."

"Cool." She smiled as she looked around my room. "Hey, are those legos?" She said as she walked to my shelf and picked up a Lego set.

I quickly got up and followed her and took the set from her hands. "Yes...please don't touch these..." I said as I put them back and looked down.

"Oh, okay...sorry." She said as an awkward tension filled the air. "I'll let you to be." Jisung said as he went to his room.

Sana looked at me then sat back on the chair. I sighed, "Sorry about that...it's just...those legos mean an important thing to me...they're special..." I said as I looked at the legos then Sana.

"No worries, I should've asked before grabbing them. I was really fascinated by them since I could never play with legos growing up."

"Really? How come?" "Well, my parents always wanted me to have a lot of time to study and prep for a day like this to come, and they thought that I shouldn't waste my time and stamina building little things like legos."

"Dang...if my parents told me that, I would've rebelled." I said which made her giggle a bit. "Well, it's not that easy."

There was a slight silence then I looked at her. "So...we're getting married?"

Sana sighed then nodded. "Unfortunately, yes. Wait! You're not unfortunate! I just said that because I'm not ready to and I'm sure you're a great guy!" She said as she repeatedly told me sorry.

I chuckled a bit and shook my head, "You're good, I feel the same way."

"Good, at least I'm not the only one who doesn't agree to this." She said as she looked out the window again. "Yeah, true."

"Honestly, since we have to make it seem like we're together, I like someone else. He's not a prince but he's perfect the way he is."

"Wait, you like someone outside the castle? You're able to go out?!" She nodded then looked back at me.

"Once a week I'm allowed out of the castle to go try and make a difference to people in my town. My mom says it's my 'royal duty' so her and my dad let me go and help others who are not as fortunate."

"Lucky..." She looked at me confused then I sighed. "My parents caught me sneaking out...I'm not allowed to leave even if it was for a duty..."

"That's terrible...I'm so sorry to hear that." "It's fine, sorry for interrupting, go ahead and finish your story."

She nodded then continued. "I met him while he was helping kids with some tutoring lessons. I've always been good at math, so I was with him while helping the kids. We instantly clicked then fell in love. We never really admitted it, but we loved being with each other whenever we could. He would show me things outside the castle that I had never been able to visit, and he also showed me that it's okay to fall in love with someone who doesn't have royal blood inside. Granted my parents don't know we're dating, but I plan to before they start to even try to prepare our wedding."

I smiled a bit at her remark then started to think about how Y/n and I would always meet and how we liked being together. It was just unfortunate that I couldn't see her anymore.

"That's really sweet. I have a similar experience with that. The girl that I like isn't a royal and her cottage is right behind the castle in the woods. She lives with these two guys who she considers to be her brothers since they took her in and raised her, and basically one day she got chased by the man who kept her captive. He took her away from her family but she escaped on her birthday. He broke into the cottage and I fought him off but he ended up puncturing my side and he told my mom about it...somehow she knew him and found it. It's weird, but I can't leave anymore. I just want to go by her cottage in three days to see her and make sure she's okay."

Sana smiled at me then reached for my hand. "I'll talk with my parents and tell them that I would like to visit the city. We don't have to go into the city; but just to make it seem like we are, we can go by her cottage so you can visit her."

I looked at her with shocked eyes. "Really? It's the day after the orientation...you think they really will?" She nodded, "Yes, they won't mind." I nodded then hugged her. "Thank you." "Of course."