c h a p t e r 33

Hyunjin's POV

It was the next morning, and I got up to get ready for the day. I made my way into the kitchen and saw my mom, dad, and brother sitting at the table.

"Good morning, Hyunjin." My dad said as he signaled the cook to come my way with food. "Morning." I said as I thanked the cook before I started to eat.

"You boys are going to be here for a while because I'm going out for the day and your father has to attend more meetings regarding your orientation for next week. You both have to get fitted for your crowns too for your practice ceremony along with a ball that's also next week." She said.

"Wait...a ball? I knew about the practice ceremony, but not about the ball...?" I asked confused. "Well, we're having a ball after the practice ceremony to see what other kingdoms will be participating in some occupations with us." My mom said.

  I nodded then finished eating. "Okay, I'm off. I'll see y'all later." My dad said as he stood up and left. "I'll be off too, please get fitted for a crown then head to your classes." My mom said as she also said bye and left.

  I signaled to Jisung that now was the time, so we both got up and made our way to the tailor. Once we got there, I called my instructor along with Jisung's, to meet us in there.

  A few minutes later, they came inside and looked at us. "Is something wrong, Hyunjin?" My instructor asked me. The tailor measured my head then I looked at my instructor.

  "No, but if I give all three of you five hundred dollars, will y'all promise to cover up and not say anything about Jisung and I sneaking out?" I asked.

  Both our teachers and tailor looked at us confused but then agreed. "Fine." They all said. "We'll be back, please let me know when my mom comes okay?" I said.

  They nodded, then I handed them the money. I waited for Jisung to get fitted, then we both left out his balcony and snuck out the hole I usually go through.

  We walked for a bit through the forest and I looked over at Jisung and saw him looking around. "BOO!" I yelled. He screamed and flinched. "Stop! Don't do that! What if we get caught!"

  I laughed then shook my head. "We won't, don't worry. Stop being paranoid, if you're scared, you're here with me your big brother." I said as I put my arm around him.

  He took my arm off then sighed, "I'm just not used to being out of the castle...it's sort of scary..." I shook my head. "You'll get used to it."

  We walked til we got to the creak. "Is she home?" He asked. "No, but this is where I would usually meet her. This is where we first met and I had climbed over those rocks right there." I said as I pointed to some rocks.

  "That's cool...where is she right now anyways again?" He asked. "In a hotel, it's not too far from here." I said as Jisung and I walked out the forest and to the main town.

  We both had on casual clothes to disguise ourselves along with a mask then we walked into the hotel. Once we got inside, I saw Y/n and her brother, Minho there with her in the lobby.

  I turned to see Jisung look at her confused then at me. "What? Jealous?" I smirked. "No! It's just, I saw her at the flower shop...with mom...when I knocked over the vase..." he said. "Idiot." I said as I walked to Y/n.

  "Hey Hyunjin." She smiled at me then gave me a hug. I smiled and hugged her back, "Hey Y/n." I turned to see her brother then greeted him as well.

  "Hello again." Minho said and greeted me. "Who's this?" He asked as he looked at Jisung who bowed to greet them.

  "This is my little brother, Jisung." I said as I put Jisung in front of me. "Hello." Jisung said as he bowed. "Hello, I'm Minho, Y/n's brother." Minho said.

  "Hello, I'm Y/n." "Nice to meet both of you." Jisung said as he stood back next to me. "Wait...were you the one who knocked the pot in the store?" Y/n asked Jisung as he started to turn red from embarrassment.

  "Y-Yeah..." "Oh, okay. It's still fine though, you just seemed familiar." She said and chuckled a bit.