Jamal Turner

Strolling hand and hand, you and your boyfriend Jamal approached the ticket booth of the amusement park to purchase wristbands for all the rides.

Once you both received your respective bands, the two of you dashed deeper into park.

Before arriving at the parkgrounds, the two of you discussed how you planned on riding on all the the roller coasters and amusement rides despite Jamal's drastic fear of heights.

Glancing at your surroundings, you noticed parents, children, couples, teenagers and adults whisking around seldomly and in crowds.

The evening breeze and atmosphere assured you that tonight would bring grins to both of your hhh

"Let's start out small and work hbour way up." Jamal tells you determined to not scream on the headlining roller coaster of the night bbbg that many knew for having the biggest drops and fastest speed. The two of you made a bet on whether he would it not with a measly twenty bucks on the line.

You chuckle at him. "How small so wanna start? The teacups?" You joked with him yet he remained serious.

Humming he flashed you a meek smile while suggesting, "How about the carousel?"

You scoffed. "The one with the horsey."

Pulling your hand, Jamal guided you in their direction with a nod. "That's the one." He grinned at your reluctance.

"You better be glad there's little to no line for that." You grumble while trying to keep up with his quick pace. After the carousel, you both casually strolled through the amusement park not forgetting to stop at the cool ones that were close enough to the ground for Jamal to function. You gave each other whiplash on the bumper cars, nearly vomited on the teacups as they were more extreme than you expected, spun around some more on the Gravitron, and rode on the smaller roller coasters that all made Jamal scream. You two had smiles on your face for the entirety of the time with lots of laughter coming from the both of you. laughing, wide open smiles spread across your faces.

Looking at the long line, you and Jamal finally approached the ride you placed a bet on.

"I don't know." Jamal mumbled.

Glancing at him your eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, I don't know if I can go on this ride." He says before breaking eye contact with the machinery in front of him.

You shrugged pulling him away. "Hey it's fine we don't have to." You began to be walk away until he grasped your hand.

Shaking his head, he returned to wait in line. "I want to do this." He declared.Staring into his eyes you saw his slight fear and felt his hand tremble. "No you don't."

"Well I don't, but what would Ruby say if he knew I chickened out?"

You rolled your eyes at his stubborn nice before placing your arm around him. "I'll tell him you didn't chicken out even if we don't ride this." You assure while rubbing his shoulders.

"No. You wanna ride it so I'll do it with you." He smiled as the line moved up.

Raising your eyebrows at him, you chuckle, "If you think you'll be fine then let's do this."

He nods while shifting from foot to foot. "I'll be fine."

"I'm not fine. I'm not fine. I'm not fine. I'm not fine." Jamal chanted with messed up hair as he left the rollercoaster area. Coming from the kiosk with a brand new laminated picture of Jamal screaming his lungs out and you laughing at him on the ride.

"Ferris wheel?" you asked him once you approached him which caused him to lifelessly give you a slow nod.

You took your spot in the small cart with Jamal and scooted closer to him. The world became so far below you and it didn't seem to matter to Jamal as his focus was on you. He admired your smiling face looking down on everyone -something he could not bring himself to do.

However, when the ferris wheel stopped when you one of the closest cars to the top because of more people getting on at the bottom, you began to shake the cart a little bit which scared Jamal.

"Can you please stop?"

"Stop what?"

"Shaking the seat! What if we die?"

"At least we'll die together."

"Please stop. I'm begging you."

"I'll stop if you can make me."

His brown eyes widened as you turned to face him. Regardless of his fear, he leaned over and pressed his lips against yours as you rested close to the birds. You both embraced each other, enjoying the moment.

Once the ride began moving again, and you jumped in the air out of shock which shook the cart and caused Jamal to groan. "These amusement parks aren't for me. I just to stay on the ground with some cotton candy." He mumbled.

You pulled him in for another kiss.