Spying on her | max mayfield

』

'She looks pretty cool.'

✽ _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_✻

The party was stalking the new girl, they thought they're totally inconspicuous, when the truth was they weren't. They were totally obvious.

Mike said "She can't be madmax, it's impossible" with the boys agreeing to him but it was imitating you, so you asked without looking away from max "And why's that so ?"

"Because girls don't play video games" Dustin said without thinking, clearly. Will's eyes widened and he elbowed him in the ribs. He got out of his trance or whatever he was in, looked at your furrowed forehead and started to stutter. "I-I mean- of  c-course they do, they're probably not good but they do- yeah they play v-v-video games !" But your facial expression hasn't gotten any better. You face literally said: 'seriously ?'

"Guys get it together" was all Lucas said, not wanting to say anything wrong. You looked at Dustin worried face, before you gave him a soft smile "It's fine, just don't make assumptions."

All of you were watching max and discussing if she's 'madmax' or not. She was skateboarding and you were kinda impressed. Well that was an understatement, you were hella impressed. You didn't know how to skateboard so seeing her doing it was something you thought it's amazing. Especially making it looks so easy. You had the urge to get to know her and you made a mental that if you get to know her and you guys could be friends, which you dearly hoped for, to ask her if she could teach you how to skateboard.

'she looks pretty cool.' Was everything you thought about, doesn't matter if she's 'madmax' or not.

The bell rang and everyone was walking to their classes. You walked next to Will, while Lucas, Mike and Dustin were walking in front of you. Will asked "Do you think she's mad max ?" You looked at him, hoping you wouldn't trip or something, with a laugh you said "C'mon, how many people do you know who's name is max ? It's pretty obvious to me, she has to be." Will, who was smaller than you, said with a smile "Wasn't you the one who said to not make assumptions about someone ?" Mike, Dustin and Lucas got inside of your classroom when you simply said "I know, but I just have this feeling, y'know ?" You both got inside and went to your seats, when all he said was "yeah I know."

Max sat few seats behind you.

You were paying attention to Mr. Clarke but you felt like someone was watching you. You scanned the room but you couldn't see anyone who had their eyes on you, so you turned around. The redhead quickly looked away, but then slowly risk a look, to her misfortune you were still watching her. You gave her a little smile, she's the new kid after all, you never moved somewhere or changed schools, so you can't really relate to being the new kid, but you imagined it to be a not easy thing. After a while, which seems like minutes, but actually were just a few seconds, both of you looked away.

You made a mental note again: try to be her friend. Before you payed attention to class again.