shopping | max mayfield

』

"Like what you see, spaz ?"

✽ _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_✻

You were surprised when max and a brunette girl showed up on your door. You knew max from school, you guys talked sometimes, but not enough to consider each other good friends, but you had nothing against each other, which was a concept you had with almost everyone. You didn't had someone to call ' a real friend' but you didn't really minded.

"Hi ?" You said with an confused but friendly look on your face. You would have never expected that max mayfield would just showed up on your door, to be fair, you didn't even knew that she knows where you lived. You were helping your mother cleaning up, happily you just finished your part, so you were sure she wouldn't mind if you'd do, whatever the two girls were here from. "Hey, we wanna go shopping, a girls day, wanna come ?" Max said with a little grin. Now that was nothing you'd expected.

"Y-yeah ? Yeah sure, just let me ask my mom if it's okay, wait a sec." You went inside, closed the door and literally ran to your mother. You were excited, see, when you didn't had any people to hang out with, you got pretty excited that you got invited to something. "Mom, mom, mom !" You said, you were excited. Your mother looked at you with a smile and asked if everything was alright. You told her that you got invited for a girls day and if you'd could come with them. Your mother was a kind women, who agreed happily. She was happy for you.

You found out that that the girl's name is 'El', she seemed somehow shy, wasn't talking much but you couldn't blame her, you weren't that big of a talker either.

You guys went to every store the starcourt mall had to offer, tried everything things on.
You were looking for some shirts, when you heard max and el's conversation.

"Do you like it ?" Max noticed that el was looking at a specific article of clothing, it was something blue.
"How do I know ? That I like something ?" With a smile max explained to her how it works, she felt kind of sorry for her, but she was still convinced that this girls day would be good for el. Eleven was spending most of her time with Hopper and Mike and max thought that she could need some girl's influence. She needed a break from all the men and needed to spend some more time with girls.
Max wanted to show her that there's more to life than stupid boys.

"You try it on and it just feels like you."
"Like me ?"
"Yes, you, not Hopper, not Mike, you."

El was trying on clothes, she needed to figure out what she likes, mostly bright and colorful ones.
You stopped looking for a shirt, to look to max. She was trying on sunglasses, she was sticking with the red one, you thought it would suit her. Max noticed that you were looking at her, not because she felt her eyes on you, but because she could clearly see you in the mirror. She looked to your direction, only to give you a mischief grin, pushed her sunglasses down, to see you with her eyes and not through a sunglasses and asked

"Like what you see, spaz ?"

You felt caught, so you quickly looked away, back to the shirts, where you just couldn't decide which one you should take. But both of you had a little smile on your faces.