Worth taking the risk| max mayfield {warning in a/n !}

』

For Max Mayfield you were worth taking the risk.

✽ _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_✻
a/n
Warning: mentions of abuse, racism and homophobic statements.
Please don't hate me.

"Where are you going ?"

Billy's voice made Max stop immediately, there were shivers running down her spine and she felt her breath hitch. She turned around slowly, wanting to delay whatever was coming. His eyes were like scanning machines, scanning her for anything suspicious. Normally it was easy for her,lying to him, but for whatever reason, she failed pathetically.

"What ?"
She acted like she didn't just was about to sneak out, wanting to use the door, because she thought he wouldn't hear her cause of his music, how did he knew ?

"Where are you going ?" He asked again, leaving a dramatic pause between the words. He didn't looked happy at all, to be exactly, he looked pissed. Max tried her best to come up with a good explanation, she tried her best to come up with a random name, but her mind was empty. She opened her mouth ready to say anything, when he added quickly "And don't you dare lie to me."

"I-I'm not lying to you, Billy-"
"Oh I hope you're not."

He started, laying his hands on her shoulders, having an uncomfortable grip on them. "Because I'm responsible for you and if you lie to me and if somethings happening, I won't know where you are, and if I don't know where you are, I can't make sure that you're around the right people y'know ?"

"Because now we're a family- and be sure I'm not a fan either, but if you lie to me, you'll get more worrying about something else than your stupid skateboard, you little shit. So tell me, where are you going ?" Max knew this tone, she heard it so many times, he sounded exactly like his father, just before he hit him. Max knew all too well that she had to say something.

God, Billy never hit her, he never hurt her physically, but sometimes she'd think she'd preferred it than the emotional shit he did. Because she knew, the physical stuff would go away, would heal, would disappear after some time, but the emotional stuff would never go away. She even realized that even when she was with her friends, sometimes she would notice that her eyes stung and that she'd flinch, she prayed that no one noticed.

There were times she'd even prayed that something would happen to him, something terrible, of course she felt guilty for it and she would never admit it, but Billy made her life a living hell, ever since she met him.

"To a friend."
"You don't have friends."
"I do !"

Max felt her eyes sting, she felt tears coming, so she looked down, she wouldn't gave him the triumph and cry in front of him. "I do have friends." She whispered. "Which one ? Name me one friend of yours, and it better be not that kid, the one I told you to stay away from."

"N-no." She quietly said. She felt bad, so bad for having a stepbrother like him. She felt bad for Lucas, who's only trying to be nice to her.
"Yeah ? I hope so, tell me the name, what's the name of the friend you're going to ?" He waited a second, trying to look at her eyes, like they had a name written on it, but Max avoided to look at him, she was looking at the ground.

"Say it !" He screamed and she flinched, now she was looking at him, her eyes were widen, single tears were running out of them, she couldn't controlled it.
Max was afraid.

"Y-y/n." The redhead stuttered, Billy took a deep breath, took one step back and gave her a strict look.
"Max,max,max, oh max. Do you remember what I told you ? That there a certain people in this world that you stay away from ? This y/n is one of them-"

"She's not." Max interrupted angry.
"Yes she is !" Billy yelled at her.

Max had the urge to defend you, you weren't the type of person you're supposed to stay away from, you were her friend and she cared about you.
She despised the way he made a face while saying your name, as if it was something disgusting. Max felt pure rage.

The only disgusting thing here was, was how he talked about you, because Max liked you and she liked your name, she loved your name.

"She's not, she's-"
"She's a type of person you stay away from ! Look at the way she dresses, I bet she's kissing girls- so disgusting, that's not right, look at her eyes, I bet she can't even see through them, stupid Chinese kid-"

"She's Korean."

"Whatever, doesn't matter, you're not going anywhere, you stay home-"
"But-"
"Don't you fucking dare interrupting me ! You're not going anywhere, do you understand ?"

Max wanted to cry, she wanted to cry, to scream, just to punch him in his face. She felt her heart break because the way he was talking about you. Max didn't thought she has to stay away from you, she thought there wasn't any type of person you're supposed to stay away from, except people who're like Billy. She thought that you were adorable, funny, intelligent and kind. Max didn't cared about the way you looked or who you liked, she didn't thought there was anything wrong with it.

She just hoped you'd chose her one day and that the world would change to a better place, but Max also knew as long as there a people like Billy, it wouldn't be easy.

But she didn't cared, she'd preferred the hard way over no way at all.

For Max Mayfield you were worth taking the risk.