y/n l/n | max mayfield

』

'For the first time ever, you didn't care about what anyone else thinks, not when you're with max mayfield.'

✽ _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_✻

Y/n l/n was nothing like her parents wanted her to be like, not in the slightest. She was not interested in fancy dresses, to learn how to use make up, she hated that she had to get used to that she could never have an impact in the world, to quieten her voice, to be allowed to dream and imagine to be whatever she wanted to be until a certain age and then just stop a year later, that people expect how she'll apparently 'turns out', that people seem to know how she's like when they do no effort at all getting to know her but mostly she hated that there's a little voice inside her head which tells her that every assumption about her could be the truth. That she won't manage to ignore all the pressure she feels to finally find out who she is. To finally be whoever she wants to be.

Of course her parents liked Stacey Albright, y/n's and Stacey's parents used to be close friends, which is why they had to spend a lot of time together when they were little but y/n's parents never knew that Stacey broke y/n's dolls and of course did y/n got the blame for it, not Stacey. Because she's everything her parents wished y/n would be but of course Stacey liked makeup and of course she liked fancy dresses but her parents didn't know about all the mean comments Stacey makes about y/n, how she gives her and also her friends dirty looks, of course her parents didn't know how mean Stacey Albright actually was.

Y/n is sure about the fact that there are still some girls out there who can like fancy dresses and learn how to use makeup without being mean, there must be some girl out there who has to be everything her parents want her to be but which still would be nice. But even if it's the truth, after all these girls y/n met, which liked to wear makeup and liked to wear fancy dresses, she didn't had any interest at all finding out right now, not after all the mean comments, not after all the embarrassment they made her feel, not after all those mean things.

Y/n hated her name, she didn't liked how it sounded, she hated how formally people thought it was, how people would have a defined picture of her in their head of how she would be like. That's why she asked her friends and her brother to call her by her nickname and they did.

You could say that y/n puts her friends above everything else. To her, friends are very important, she has five friends. Five true friends. There's Will Byers, who's been through a lot and if she could switch their places or give him every happiness she had and ever will have, she would do it without any hesitation. Will was shy, but he never failed to give her some advices or just listen if she needed to get something of her chest and he probably had the nicest mom she ever met. Then there's Lucas Sinclair, who can joke around even when everyone's in a bad mood and after his jokes everyone is okay, Lucas will try to make his friends happy and when something's wrong he usually listens to both sides. There's also Mike Wheeler, Mike would even jump off a cliff to save his friends, he looks out for his friends, especially for Will since the last year. Whenever y/n wasn't feeling well he invited her over and made hot chocolate with his older sister Nancy Wheeler, who was with y/n's brother but not anymore. Mike would even invite y/n whenever her parents had to work til late night or her brother had to write dozen's of college applications with Nancy. And last but not least there's Dustin Henderson. With Dustin, y/n had a friend which she can be serious and make jokes at the same time, Dustin was the one who got Lucas and Mike get along after their argument when Will was missing. Dustin was the first one to agree to go trick or treating with y/n and Dustin never let her down. Dustin was the only one who knew about her liking girls and after he found out he just hugged her. He wasn't making any weird faces or making some stupid comments, which she knew he wouldn't do, because it's Dustin but deep down she was afraid and humbled about his reaction. For y/n l/n, Dustin Henderson was the little brother she always wished she had. 

But there's was one more. Her only real girl friend, El. They found her in the woods when they were looking for Will. She was nice but also very shy. She didn't quite knew any stuff from the world out there but it was fine, y/n loved how she talked about anything and El listened with big eyes and a lot of attention. El has supercool superpowers, which makes her a superhero right ? She can slam doors shut, can throw someone through the air and she could even lift a van. But she got nosebleeds every time she used her powers. She helped you finding Will. But now she's gone and y/n missed her, a lot.

Y/n l/n loved all her friends, every five of them for exactly who every one of them was

She also loved her brother, more than probably anyone in the world, he's her best friend and even tho she never truly admitted it, he's also like she wants her parents to be: supportive, caring, funny and to love her for who she actually is, to make effort to getting to know her. For y/n is her brother, the nicest person in the history of the universe.

She does love her parents too, of course she does, she has to, doesn't she ?

It feels wrong, for every thing she thinks or does, it just feels wrong. That she doesn't like to wear makeup, to wear fancy dresses, that her friends feels more like family than her parents, that she got feelings for a certain redhead, everything just feels wrong. Or is it supposed to ? Because if she's truly honest to herself it feels good, it feels right. But if only she can shake the feeling off, if only she can care less.

Because deep down she cares for what everyone thinks. What her parents think of her, what her friends think of her, what her brother thinks of her-

Or does she ?

Y/n remembered stealing little kisses and cuddles from Max Mayfield, that this certain redhead seemed so happy when you two were together, that she was holding your hand whenever she had the opportunity to, that she got jealous very easily and that she made you feel like a person.

For the first time ever, you didn't care about what anyone else thinks, not when you're with max mayfield.