Why cant you remeber ? | sadie sink {warning angst ?}

』

"I love you so much, just come back please."

✽ _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ -_-_-_-_-_-_✻

You could remember her blue eyes, it reminded you of the ocean. You remembered how her eyes shine whenever she smiled, how her smile lit up your entire day.

You could remember how it made you feel, all the butterflies, all the excitement. Whenever she picked you up or walked you home, how she remembered the little things. That you would call her an extra time just to make sure she's alright. You remembered that you felt happy. You were happy and didn't had any worries. You knew that she would hold your hand and squeezed it 3 times, whenever you were in crowds, to kind of ask you if somethings wrong.

You remembered that she had a soft voice, but you wouldn't been able to place it, if you'd heard her voice today, you'd only knew that you heard it before, but when ?

You knew that you've seen this face before but still you forgot her name every time, but you were sure she had a pretty name, yes she did. Her name was beautiful and it suited her but what was her name ?

You've smelled this scent before, it calmed you, you couldn't resist the thought of comfort whenever you smelled this exact perfume. Pieces of memory's were crossing your mind. Weirdly it were ones full of giggles, shiny eyes, red cheeks and swollen lips.
Touch.
An innocent touch.

Holding hands, you laying your head on a shoulder, but who's shoulder ? Hers ? But who is she ? You knew her name once, didn't you ?

What was her name again ?
Why can't you remember ?

You remembered names, but not her name.
You remembered names she called you, like sweetheart, honey, lovely.

But why would she call you something like that ?

You also remembered other words, words like I love you.

How she would hold you when you cried, how you would FaceTime whenever she went away.

But why was she away ?
Where did she go ?
Right, busy, she was busy !
Busy doing what ?
Shopping ?
Seeing family ?
Working ? Yes working !
She had to work !

Far away for a long time, mostly !

And you did remember her face, you did remember her hair, you did remember her scent, you did remember her smile, you did remember her name, Sadie, it's Sadie ! Sadie, your girlfriend !

You wanted to scream out of pure joy ! Your heart was racing, but before you could call her or text her that you remembered now, you forgot.

Like every time.

You forgot it again.
And again.
And again.
And again.

You knew you've seen this face before.
You knew you've heard this voice before.
But why was this girl crying ?
Holding your hand ?
Saying things to you that didn't make sense ?

Did she knew you ?
Did you knew her ?

And if you did, why couldn't you remember ?

And why did it felt so comfortable whenever she held your hand ?

Why did you felt so save whenever you've seen her face ?

You couldn't remember.

The only thing you could remember was how a hospital looked like.

How it smelled in a hospital.

You've noticed this girl looked older as some time passed, but you didn't knew how much time passed.

You didn't even knew who you were, so how were you supposed to know something about this girl which only looked sadder every time she walked in ?

She gave you a book, she wanted you to write in it

"Maybe you won't forget stuff ? You know I used to do this all the time whenever I said to myself I can't forget this."

It felt like your heart was breaking whenever you've seen her teary face.

She said things which didn't make sense.

"I hope you're gonna feel better, because I hate seeing you like this. I miss you, I miss us."

You never understood the meaning behind it, after some time you even forgot that she was even there.

"Please just come back okay ? Come back to me, please ? I know you're trying your hardest and I-I really a-appreciate it-"

She cried a lot.
Sometimes her sobs were the only sound.

"I love you so much, just come back please."

You felt like you've heard this before ?
Didn't she said that every time ?
Or did she not ?

But where did you got this book ?
Didn't the girl gave you this ?
In the book was a story you really liked.

One girl had a pretty name, you thought it suited her character.

In the book was a story about Sadie and y/n.

But didn't you heard these names before ?
Why was it so familiar ?

The story about giggles, holding hands, that this Sadie girl picked y/n up and walked her home ?

You thought to yourself
'They really love each other, don't they ?'

But you wrote in the book too, about stuff you remembered, so you could remember again whenever you forgot it, again.

But after some time had passed again, you were able to remember that the name of the girl, that always visited you, was Sadie.

Her name was Sadie.