✩ 3. Under the Mask ꘩

sfw

༺♡༻

I put my other hand on his cheek, feeling the material of his mask with my thumb. He let out a little whine of apprehension, and lifted his ahead from my lap. I looked down at him, a bit confused. "What's the matter? I didn't make you uncomfortable, did I? Just let me know and I'll stop, don't worry about that at all." He shook his head rapidly and waved his arms, and made a motion as if he liked it very much. I let out a sigh of relief and asked him why he got up, then.
He looked at the floor for a second, messing with his fingers. He looked up at me, pointing to his mask. "Your..mask? What about it, sweetheart?" He looked to a table next to me where he set the jewelry and a pad of paper and a pen, of that I wasn't sure why he brought it. He picked up the pad and pen and flipped open to a fresh page. He scribbled something down while I sat there, a bit confused.
'wana take m mask of bt scred youll won't like m face :('
The writing was a bit hard to read since it was basically chicken scratch with multiple spelling and grammar errors, but once I made it out my eyes widened in surprise. "Oh sweetheart, is that what you're worried about? Listen to me," I took his face in my hands and made him look up at me, since he was looking at the floor, "..I will never go away or not like you just because of what you look like, or how you live your life, or what you do or anything like that. Honey..I think you're a good boy. A good, pretty boy who shouldn't have to worry about things like that."
His eyes filled with tears, sparkling in the light of the nearby lamp with an animal skin on the lampshade. He began to whimper like a sad puppy and threw himself on my lap, choking out a sob. His head was on my legs and his arms flew to my waist, hugging me tight at first then going limp as he clearly couldn't control himself.
"Shh, shh shh, let it alll out, sweet boy. It's alright, I'm right here. I'm not gonna leave you, ok? It's gonna be allllright." I cooed, stroking his hair and rubbing his large arm up and down, comforting him gently.
"I'd like to wipe your tears and wash your face with a washcloth, but that might be a little hard with your mask on. Now you can say no, but if you'd like to-" He interrupted my proposition by sitting straight up and taking his hands up towards the ties on his mask, undoing them while sniffling. The poor boy was a mess, and I was glad he wanted me to help clean him up.
When the ties were unraveled, he gently lifted the mask off his face and set it on the table. There sat the most beautiful little angel boy I'd ever seen, sniffling and drying tears from his damp cheeks with a blush setting redder on his face by the second. He made eye contact then broke it, scooting away from me and covering his face, beginning to cry again.
"Oh no no no no no, sweetheart don't cry! Oh goodness, aren't you just the most beautiful boy I've ever seen! Yes you are! Aww baby is this what you worried about me not liking? You look so beautiful, honey, I promise!" He looked at me with an amazed and confused expression as I slipped down to the floor to be with him, taking his face in my hands. "Now come on, sweetheart. Let's get you cleaned up, ok? Will you get up for me?" I coaxed, getting up myself and offering a hand to him, feeling my shirt dip a little low but that didn't matter right now.
He darted his eyes down at my now exposed cleavage, then looked up at me with red painted all over his face. He looked down, then took my hand as I chuckled and told him it was ok. I let him lead me to his bathroom, holding onto one of his big arms and holding his hand.

word count: roughly 720